Whats your backup plan after device?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While a lot of us are loving this ride and watching the paper stack up, what is your plan B?
    This company is an excellent resume builder regardless what field to go into afterwards, not to mention solid sales experience. If it all came crashing down for whatever reason, what would you do after medical device sales? What industry would you enter? Would you still want to be in sales in some capacity?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone told me that selling to companies on a smaller scale with their distribution of products is money in the bank for people with our selling skills…any thoughts?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

despite all of the negative realities about today's market, it's also could be a good time to be in the market (depending on what you sell) thanks to the baby boomers and increasing longevity.

otherwise, perhaps anything computer/software/tech related that is wireless. as the global economy becomes more global, every single person on the planet will have some kind of wireless device.

long term care market also naturally riding that wave (boomers).

the veterinary market is financially strong and continues to experience solid growth. virtually unaffected by insurance companies, all the garbage we have to deal with in human medicine. would like to sell to animal hospitals if for any reason not having to deal with credentialing companies and admin BS.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Independent sales, there are sooooo many products in and around our field that need representation, it's a no brainer for me I would stay in the sales arena and just pick up other products and probably make more $$.
    Just the linked-in site is an absolute gold mine for a person looking to sell product.
    Instead of the 6 or 7% we make you could be making 20-30% if you become the distributor/salesman just my 2 cents

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow you have all the answers! Unless you have the means to distribute, you will not just pick up lines if you ever had really sold other lines as you say at 20 to 30% you would realize that as soon as you build up sales, these smaller companies pull your line with a 30 day out
    Once you are implant reps other types of medical will not touch you it is a stigma you will not lose so keep current job shut your trap and actually sell something

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its going to crash down that quickly, especially when kool aid sales people like you would sell their firstborn for a sales commission...

your company is beyond silly by the way. just don't get caught doing anything stupid for the sale, which is common in your industry, especially your company...

fyi, your company is not respected by insiders.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are the best!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I could find a low stress sales job making between 50-75 i would take. Fed up with all the stress and long hours. I'm getting too old for this. Only jobs like that are either work weekends or evening. Any suggestions on how to find this type of job?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody would hire an idiot like you that asks such a stupid question.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Home Depot.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah, they make you work weekend.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the absolute most absurd things I have read on Cafe Pharma.
    Stryker is absolutely respected and considered the measuring stick in terms of ROI, ethics, and quality of product. The current shift to a Global Mindset is just another step in Stryker's brilliant journey that will eventually see them as the only game in town.
    If you are with Stryker, the future isn't a concern as they realize what many other companies don't, the Sales Force is the key. Styrker will continue to take care of it's sales force as it always has, it's a great feeling to work for them as you don't have to worry about these kind of problems.

If you choose to respond, please detail whom in your opinion is respected by Insiders.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello? stryker cut commision to 6% and shrunk territory. they"re not tinterested in the sales force but more likely the tech force. sales jobs are going bye bye and soon we'll all be techs. those that keep the jobs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey mr Dumb FCK do what you think is best for you keep selling what your selling till we take another hit and you cant afford to pay your bills AND YOUR SORRY ASS WIFE LEAVES YOU FOR THE GUY DOWN THE STREET WHO SAW THE WRITING ON THE WALL AND STARTED TO ADAPT TO CHANGE IN THE MARKET PLACE AND PICKED UP A FEW EXTRA LINES TO SELL.

OH BTW THE DUDE WHO IS BANGING YOUR SORRY ASS WIFE HAS HIS BILLS COVERED BECAUSE HE HAD THE FORESIGHT. (SMARTS SOMETHING YOU LACK)

YOU SEE MR DUMB FCK IF YOU DONT CHANGE WITH THE MARKET YOU WILL KEEP LOSING MONEY AS YOUR EMPLOYER KEEPS CUTTING COMISSIONS, YOUR SORRY ASS WIFE IS PROBABLY ALREADY BANGING THE DUDE DOWN THE STREET BECAUSE HE WAS ABLE TO KEEP HIS WORK TRUCK AND HIS SPORTS CAR, YOU ON THE OTHER HAND HAD TO GET RID OF THE SPORTS CAR AND TRADE IN THE TRUCK FOR A FCKING KIA SPORT.

OH I FORGOT YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT AND YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO SELL ANY OTHER PRODUCTS THEN WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO SELL,
    KEEP BEING A PUSS AND SMELL YOUR WIFE'S VIJAYJAY NEXT TIME YOUR DOWN THERE EATING IT OUT, THAT SMELL IS NOT YOURS ITS THE DUDE DOWN THE STREET WAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA NOOB

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your a jerk. Get rid of your anger some where else.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Biomet and I also see the need for a backup plan. I have updated my modeling portfolio so I can still appeal to the more mature set. There is always still a need for print work for catalogs, pharmaceuticals, and my casting director can always get me a job on someone's couch on any given day

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker has hired too many people in the last couple of years. Go ask a head hunter what a Stryker means on a resume ! It's like being part of a rep trax Ect.

Who cares

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty nasty text but I have to agree with this post. I WISH I COULD AFFORD A KIA in I days world. Almost forgot, Hey Stryker reps, when you design a contract with a hospital that makes you exclusive to Stryker and Your territory it also kills any chances of you selling anything in your territory when you leave. Or when you want a sideline gig to make up for that 6% commission.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a guy or gal with smarts, think about it you can keep doing what your doing but it won't be enough.
    Cost of living is going up your pay/commission$ going down one will have to sell that Many more units and work that much harder to break even.... Break even are you kidding me.