Will Stryker EVER be bought?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I promise no one cares.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are only a few companies out there big enough to afford the amount of money it would take to purchase Stryker. I have no clue what Stryker's EBITDA, but guessing it's around $2B. Now, since Stryker has a strong product portfolio, strong contracts and a good presence in their industry, we can safety assume they'd need at least a 20x EBITDA for that purchase to occur. It's high, but not unrealistic.
    Now, you have to do the math. Who can come to the table with $20B cash and debt? Not many. J&J, GE Healthcare and MAYBE Medtronic, but it'd be a stretch for MDT.
    Then, add in the fact that J&J doesn't really need SYK to fill out it's portfolio, and GE likes to do a lot of organic growth, and you end up with a likely answer that no company is going to buy out SYK.
    The only chance I see that occurring would be a large corporation not currently in the medical device arena. If they're looking for a turn-key company, or a company they could buy then piece out, then SYK would make an ideal buy.
    So, IMO, it's just not going to happen.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop thinking in terms of today - this is all about the future. Think ahead 5 - 10 years and everything makes more sense.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many pharma companies could drop that type of coin to diversify.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, who would have thought that AstraZeneca, a company 2.5x the size of Stryker, could be facing a possible takeover?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In no way would you ever want jnj to buy stryker. After seeing first hand how bad they messed up the purchase and merger of depuy/synthes

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker just purchased a Chinese company--wake up. Did they buy them for the egg rolls? Most ortho. companies own or buy from foreign companies but keep it quiet so dumbbells don't make too many dumb comments on sites like this. Speak less and read more.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever thought 250 mil Stryker would buy 980 mil Howmedica. Pfizer was ready to dump Ortho.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aiguo Wang is Chairman of Trauson , a company in China that Stryker purchased. US device companies require a footprint in China to allow them to sell in that country. Its not an attempt to make there and bring to the US. But, if you don't believe me, give Aiguo a call ?