Now HERE is a winning lawsuit against Synthes

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need somebody at Synthes to fess up. Over the years, my facility has been invoiced for items that never seem to reach us -- but I have a feeling that these items are being stockpiled by sales representatives and used as sort of a black market currency to "purchase" other items needed by these reps. MY HOSPITAL PAID FOR THIS EQUIPMENT -- AND SYNTHES EMPLOYEES ARE "BUYING AND TRADING" WITH IT?? Please advise with any additional details you could provide. - Outraged in the Tri-state Area

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a practice common to some very 'successful' reps I know. One of the battles in the field is obtaining adequate instrumentation and implant sets to place in the ever growing expectation of hospital consignment. Great to actually sell sets to hospitals, but the constant generation of income through well placed consignments will win in the end. Some of these shade balls would load hospitals up on excess inventory. Slowly steal it back from the hospitals and use it for 'trade in' to purchase newer implants to consign to another hospital. No wonder why these guys like to have the folks in SPD controlling the inventory and then 'give the extra service' of helping them 'maintain' their inventory. What a joke.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You absolutely need to report this activity. If this is happening to you it is most certainly happening to others. You can actually be held accountable for not reporting this activity since you do have knowledge of it. Here are the names and numbers of two agencies that will be able to help you with your issue:

1. Christopher Christie U.S. Attorney's office, he specifically handles these types of health care complaints. Your call can be anonymous if you desire.
    This number is 609-989-2190.

2. You can also receive help and information with the Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This number is 866-633-6585.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the biggest load of crap that I have heard in years. If, in fact, you have evidence of such malfeasance report it to your Sales Consultant's RM or Area VP. This would never be condoned by Synthes. This would be a criminal charge against the individual SC. There is case history here; several years ago two (2) J & J (Depuy) Spine reps in Orange County, CA were found guilty. J & J was absolved of any wrongdoing as it was deemed the actions of individuals.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is NOT a load of crap, most synthes consultants do this - who are you, and odd ball? It is common practice to do this and the synthes managers and vps know all about it! Their might be 5-10% of the synthes sales force that does not do this, you must be one!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit.....synthes is completely aware fo this. They bust the SC's balls to put up numbers in any way, turn their cheek then blame then to cloear their name. Synthes is a fraud. You preach AO ethics yet everyone under the HW is as unethical as they come to save theirown ass and put up numbers. This company will turn their back on you in a second. Beware because I have had SC's, managers, and VP's lie right to my face on numerous occassions. Synthes will get theirs sooner or later then HW will sell the place to Zimmer or the next highest bidder. Synthes management has one and only philosophy........its called CYOA (cover your own ass). Trickle down effect and unfortuantely SC's are teh lowest ppl on the T pole.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to reiterate the "load of crap" comment. This does not happen and if, on rare circumstances it does, the SC will be gone. Trying to say that Synthes condones, or even approves, this practice is ridiculous. People who do this have no integrity and no place in Synthes.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There goes 85% of our sales force then!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you've said it twice now, so I guess it's gotta be true.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Synthes has always done this practice. They bust the SC balls,harrass him or her to no end. FORCE ACCOUNTS TO PURCHASE TONS OF SCREWS SO THEY CAN TAKE THE INSTRUMENTS THEY EARNED FOR SCRE PURCHASE SND PUT THOSE INSTRUMENTS IN ANOTHER ACCOUNT. They then try to make second account think there getting free instruments for an upcoming purchase. It gor on and on. Ethics and integrity are not what you'll find in synthes . The Coburns and Gennetts, and Hansjorgs of the world will turn their back on a consultant in a second if the shit hits the fan.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe that it is called the Promo Plan or something close to that. A synthes rep is able to get free instruments from Synthes after one of his accounts accrues a certain amount of sales, lets say for 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws. After he sells enough then the "hospital" qualifies for a second set of instruments. New set of instruments comes to the rep (would not want it shipped directly to the hospital). Now, the same rep then goes into a hospital and grabs out of the SIMS cabinet or where implants are kept a few items...lets say a couple of ex fix pin to bar clamps, humeral plate, distal femur plate, a few locking screws, etc (all in the original packaging). The rep then sends the stolen goods back to Synthes and then corporate will then give a credit of about 85% or the original price to the account that the stuff was taken from. Instead of crediting the hospital, the rep tells Synthes to instead send to him in the place of the credit a bunch of 6.5 and 7.3 cannulated screws. The crafty rep then fills the new instrument tray up with the screws. He takes the new tray full of implants to another hospital and says,"Here you go, I am giving you a brand new set of 6.5/7.3 cannulated screws to keep, all you need to do is replace what you use and you can have that set." The other hospital all the while may or may not discover the missing inventory and if they do they then just replace it and the rep gets paid even more. Thats how the Synthes game is played. Any questions?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has always gone on. When SC under the gun to move their numbers despite an insane quota your willing to do anything to make quota. The biggest racket Synthes implemwmted was the SIMS system. Partnering with their accoimts to help them run their inventory cabinets. The catch was the -SC had to set it up oe bring a Sims team to help load and manipulate the inventory. What a scam!! SC wouls swipe out cannulated screws, ex-fix clamps etc. ALSO WOULD LET THE CENTRAL SUPPLY KNOW THEY NEED TO DO A RE-ORDE

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I believe it is called the Promo Plan or something close to that." And you obviously NEVER worked for Synthes, right? Sure you didn't. Can you say disgruntled ex-Synthes employee.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never worked for Synthes, I am not a disgruntled former employee. I do work for a competitor and know how the game works and do my best to work around/with it. I do not know if the promo plan is still in effect, but its effects will be felt for many years to come for those competing against Synthes. Look, I would be happy as can be if I worked for a company that had a similar plan, not sure I would steal from accounts to the extent that Synthes reps have to game the system, but alas I would love to be able to "give" my accounts sets with the only premise being that they only need to restock what they use. If only the big accounts that have been the workhorse within the Promo plan knew how bad they have been raped to aid Synthes reps in growing business at other hospitals they would have a much different attitude toward Sythes.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually and factually, Synthes and its upper management not only condones this activity, but additionally supports fraudulent activity. Synthes would have a hard time denying the existence of the excess inventory exchange program in which, in my best guess, millions of dollars of account over charges every year are shipped back to Synthes for credit their sales force use to procure needed items. Synthes RM, AVP, and President have to sign off on these returns based upon the dollar amount being returned.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not a very good guess. The excess inventory program is one that helps hospitals turn old unused equipment into newer usable items. If the hospital is being "over charged" it would not continue to go on for millions of dollars without being discovered. It is one of the many things that sets Synthes apart from the competition. So it comes as no surprise that competitors are crying foul. I've gained great favor with my accounts from this program. (And I've never over charged)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To begin, my best guess refers to all hospitals throughout America. There certainly is a positive side to the excess inventory program. However, there is also a corrupt side. Would you deny that many reps bill hospitals for large cannulated drill bits, informing the facility that these large cannulated drill bits for IM Nails are single use only? Would you deny that these same reps never actually exchange out the large cannulated drill bits from the IM Nails Systems, TFN & EX Nails? Would you deny that these same reps would then exchange via the excess inventory program these same large cannulated drill bits for other items to be used to increase sales throughout their territory? Finally, would you deny that this is fraudulent?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for all you haters get a LIFE!!! SYNTHES is the leader in the industry and its because we have the best products, best consultants, and we are the most reliable in the industry. always have been always will be. its like the yankees. people love to hate the best. the competition has increased but our growth is as strong as ever which is amazing considering all of the competition has copied our stuff over the years and has paid off docs and heavily discounted their products to help grow their business. are we crying that all of our competition pays off high volume docs while we continue to have the intergrity of the relationship w the AO? GET A LIFE OR GET A NEW JOB!!! DO SOMETHING BUT GET OFF THIS BOARD YOU TOOLS. i'm so sorry you couldnt hack it. i'm going now. im going to go check my 5 figure monthly deposit courtesy of synthes. you people make me laugh. waaaah! SIMS cart. waaah!!! product exchange. waaah!! our competition pays off docs and names implant sets after docs!!! pretty fair, right? No BUT WE STILL KICK EVERYONES &**!!!! peace.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i would deny that you were a good rep. i would also deny you are not bitter. i would deny that you have a happy life writing this crap on this board. drill bits are disposable. would you want the same drill bit used on another person also used for a family memeber? these drill bits are replaced. end of story. you probably got canned because your drill bits matched your rhetoric. DULL!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a minor point, but I'm a little confused. Who copied Synthes IM Nail? Seems like I remember someone named Kuntscher doing it first. Now tell me how Synthes doesn't copy products. Thank you.