Recruiting emails

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have submitted for 3 positions at Stryker, and within 2 minutes of submitting, I am receiving these emails-

"Thank you for applying to Stryker. We are e-mailing to notify you that the we are no longer recruiting for the above mentioned requisition. Stryker is in the process of prioritizing our talent needs and will only be progressing with other business critical roles".

Is SYK consolidating their sales force?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be simply "that time of year", when device companies start putting a freeze on all hiring. Seems to get sooner and sooner each year as growth is getting harder to achieve. May also be that they are aligning sales force, realigning territories, reconfiguring sales force due to acquisitions, etc. Usually not a quick resolution to something like this, and info on the actual plan will probably be tight lipped. Try to connect directly with local branch manager or hiring manager. Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. I reached out to the recruiter who I am typically in contact with.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't need reps once we go rep less anyway.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its all about the integration of new employees from the acquired companies. There is a huge acquisition on the horizon and hiring now would not be prudent.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...real original.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By huge acquisition do you mean that dumpy company by the name of wright medical?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very tough company to break into. Territory positions will go to internal employees first...associate sales reps or marketing folks. Keep your options open and good luck

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very common. This is a way to collect resumes and be prepared once they are ready to hire someone. They will also run a very long interview process that has no end game except to potentially hire someone in the future.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One practice I know for a fact, is for a company to already have a person in mind that they want to hire so they run the "open position" to be corporately correct. They never have any intentions of hiring from unknown job seekers. I know this to be a because I was one of the persons hired this way.

It sometimes makes it easier when you know what's really going on. But, I'm sure, sometimes ,the job post are legitimate.