Attune info

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any info on the attune knee system. I have been considering switching to another company. The only thing holding me back is finding out about attune. I can't get any info from management about what updates Attune will have, what will make it different from sigma, etc. I'm going to be pissed if I hang around and this thing is not a game changer. Does anyone have any info they can share.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

come to stryker - we invented the single radius knee. attune will be a poor attempt to copy stryker's triathlon. plus we have a better revision system and who could forget the bext poly on the market. you know the ol' saying - if you can't beat them, copy them

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget a MUCH better reputation and focus! Don't choose DePuy when a better company can serve you! :) Man, don't you read the news?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Attune is almost dead. If--IF-- we get it, it will not be much of an advance. The issues we've had with prior (ahem) 'approvals' (you know, where we kinda forgot to actually GET them approved), plus the ASR recall dynamics have us walking around with the FDA microscopes up our hind ends. Move on. Ain't gonna happen. I'm telling you what the silence is all about.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have docs implanting attune right now. Has anyone talked to the reps covering to find out what advancements the Attune has?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would someone please check the dossier and give the good doctor an update????

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the original poster. I am a rep and wasn't trying to imply I am a doc.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There WAS a time when you didn't have to recruit people to join Stryker. i guess things aren't what they used to be...Copied SNN on the revision system and best poly on the market, HA! Most controversial maybe...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work for Stryker but I thought Triathlon revision was out before the legion. Also, does anyone have info about attune.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you have a sigma cr 150 femur with a lot of sizing options. The inserts sound like the sigma curved plus with aox poly and inserts as thin as 5 mm. The tibia base sounds like the sigma base with a dovetail capture and more sizes. You also have an Aox patella.

Does anyone have info outside of that. While these are good updates they are by no means the game changer.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious what technologies you consider to be "game changing"...

Attune sounds like a contemporary fixed bearing knee with extensive femoral sizing options and 1mm poly increments. I'm more interested to see what Attune Revision is going to look like.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP wrote>?
    rule #1: you have to sell what is on the stock....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currious about attune also.

Since Stryker launched the Triathlon the increased knee sales and market share a lot. They have some unique features and a good story to tell. They also have a huge share of the nav market which has helped.

The Vanguard has a lot of sizing options and has The Epoly story.

Smith and Nephew has OX and the legion platform.

Zimmer has a lot of different options with the Nexgen and Natural knee systems. They also have Trabecular metal that they are really pushing for press fit guys.

I will be real interested to see what the story is on attune. While the Sigma is a great knee a lot of guys view it as a dated system. Also, rotating platform hasn't been looking too well inthe journals. If you happen to have fixed bearing press fit CR guys in your area, good luck getting him to use our press fit tibia tray.

Attune revision. Let's see if the can get the Attune out first. Or better yet the Sigma HP revision instruments.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious. A better revision system.....for knees? You better go back to sales school.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You DePuy people are so ignorant...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

... That was suppose to say "important" not ignorant.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is.