Commission Cuts

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trauma was now soon to be joints I hear? What's deal with recon? Next cut I'm taking offers serious.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think this is unique to Depuy? This is the trickle down effects from Obamacare Device Tax/ASR/Nail recall/etc. Look around, every med device company is laying off in the US and pushing manufacturing jobs to China. All the other recon companies are in the same boat. Styker is already at 7%, Biomet gets cut in Jan, others have as well. Welcome to the new world order...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love how all the companies are using Obamacare as their excuse. How much profit did we make??? Greed at the top will bring the industry down, not Obamacare.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Greed at the top? You do realize we are talking about publicly traded companies, right?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I understand the stockholder,Obamacare shit,but let me ask are the employees inside getting cut? Out in the field our expenses just keep going up. Fuel,car pmts,30,000-35,000 per year on our vehicles, paying our own cell,health ins,cost of educating surgeons.........! The list goes on. Any thoughts?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suggest we take 2.3% from the inside staff as well, share the pain. Oh and gorsky should chip in too

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it sucks so much in the field why don't you move to Warsaw and work for corporate?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not say that it sucks in the field, It is a challenge every day out here. And you know what, I'm up for the fight. But why in the hell is all the tax $ coming from the reps pockets? The tax should come from all employees. And no thanks, I do not want to move to Warsaw

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen guy...the reason we in the field are getting pay cuts is because we cannot pass the tax increase on to our customers. We work in the only business where our customers tell us what they are going to pay for our goods. It's crazy..it sucks...but this is what we have to deal with. I as well as many have bullshit pricing matrix where we have no choice but to accept or not do business. No shipping is paid by the hospital. No lost instruments are paid by the hospital. No loaner fees. This is the world we live in. It sucks. However You tell me another sales job you can get tomorrow that will pay you the same? You are an outside sales rep.. Most likely a distributor rep. Get a clue! You are not corporate! This is not rocket science or a fair world. Soon there will be no sales reps or just a couple. Hospitals will be buying direct from the companies. Stop bitching about the retarded product managers that get paid dick and have no clue about our lives. It doesn't matter. It's not going to change for the better.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last poster was not a rep or at least not a good one. There is no reason the tax should come solely from the reps. Depuy could at least split it with us. They took trauma from us and then stuck us with the device tax. I'm supposed to take this and grin? Can we please post the known commission rates for competitors:

Stryker is 8 plus bonus and benefits
    Zimmer?
    Smith and Nephew 10%
    Biomet?
    Wright 10% plus benefits (20% for competitive reps)
    Exactech 20% for competitive reps
    DJO ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahh! you slipped up(our lives) I did not say one word about product managers, Just spread the pain of the pay cut. Also, I do not think hospital will purchase direct from companies, the reps minimize the confusion in the room. The way it is now the OR staff is not geared to handle alot of joint cases.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Direct purchasing will never work. Why would the companies deliberately render their reps useless. If it goes to that sort of model, the cheapest shit will win. Companies rely on us to maintain those relationships. They have no interest in making deals with hospitals like that. Why would they all of a sudden lower their prices and dilute the overall value of their product line. The snowball effect would be disastrous.

Also, how the hell are some reps absorbing all shipping costs? You guys aren't playing it right, or you don't have relationships to leverage your position in the account. That is ridiculous. And if an account loses an instrument-they replace it! Anything less than replacement of the item is an absolute joke and shows how much influence, or lack thereof, you have in the account. Don't get played, its all about bolstering your position these days. It will get harder, but we have to get smarter, and stay ahead.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said, if they lose it they buy it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree with you more......JnJ is shoving alot of shit down our throats however. If we keep letting them, then we get what they give. We should at least consider uniting as a salesforce. We are letting our value be minimized, JnJ could not move the needle in joint replacement without us. Frankly other than revision knees what product do we have that is class leading?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depuy Spine 4% comm

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to make big money, get a govt job....this industry has been nationalized and its toast....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont let them fool you

i just got a great plan with guarantees etc for 2 years

if they tell you they arent doing that anymore

they dont care about you

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told by a VERY credible source that a Florida 1099 lost a SIX FIGURE non-compete settlement with Depuy recently. I.E. Make it in your territory or you are out of the Industry!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rest of country doesn't care about Florida. Non competes are not holding in court.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Non competes not holding up in court? Maybe. Your bank account may not hold up long enough for you to find out.... That's the problem we are delevreged. We rationalize the incremental cuts,they give we take.corporate employees,defined benefit plans...kissing ass for the next stock grant and alphanumerical comp upgrade.