Is there Pharma in Rochester????

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people work in Pharma in Rochester? I am looking for work in R&D and I remember recruiters years ago showcasing the new improved Pharma R&D. New labs, new hires. I understand there has been some changes with layoffs in R&D but is there still a Pharma group in Rochester?

Lots of negativity about R&D and Pharma plans moving forward on this site. I might just move on to other companies that are not so uncertain about their future plans.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A company going down the tubes is not where you want to be. Give yourself a future not an ulcer..... Plenty of great companies out there who value their employees!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valeant does not really run their business. They just make random cuts (80-90%) in R&D and then they hope the remaining 20% will work 2 to 3 times as hard to make up for the people that were laid off.

Job security only if you are willing to work ungodly number of hours for the meager privilege of working for a company that has no interest or respect for R&D.

If you can make it look like you are working 2x3 times as hard and are really working half time then it is not so bad. Just do not let anyone know or they will target you in the next layoff that happens after every new acquisition.

No acquisition this year= job security.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares if there is pharma in Rochester? This doesn't affect the bottom line, stock price, or anything else. Rochester could vaporize tomorrow, no one would notice.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma is the last great hope for Rochester. Pharma could revitalize R&D and bring back jobs to Rochester.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The long term strategic goals for any company - especially a global one like this, of this size, should have nothing to do with preserving jobs or returning jobs to any specific address.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. Valeant is just one big blob without any corporate or any other type of values. It might be better to work for a computer. At least a computer is efficient.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of the formulators got jobs at other companies. Pretty much that is the story at Valeant. Temporary job until you can get another job elsewhere.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't Pharma in New Jersey?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, you know how to google