Take that, Valeant! Trash talk from Brent Saunders to Michael Pearson

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I'm also very excited about ophthalmology because, as you know, that is one of the areas I love from my Bausch and Lomb days. And I think there is more upside in ophthalmology than people realize. It really has become a two player game with Alcon and Allergan, and I think Allergan has a really strong opportunity to take market share in ophthalmology."

--Brent Saunders, CEO Actavis, speaking at the Goldman Sach's Unscripted Healthcare Conference, January 5, 2015

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is pretty much true. You don't expect any more new ophthalmology drugs from valeant.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Umm, that we true before Valeant was in the picture.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Umm, that was true before Valeant was in the picture.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's fact! We got nothing & the 2 main players are Allergan & Alcon.... We are on the road to no- where !

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brent should put his money where his mouth is. Mike has thrown down the gauntlet. Brent should take all his compensation in equity in ACT also. But of course he knows Darpin is crap so he'll make nothing.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will definitely not be any in-house new op drugs from Valeant, but was Saunders referring to only new drugs in ophthalmology? I don't think so. Bigger picture:

From CP Valeant tonight: "Selling against Alcon and generic is serious business but there is no real plan in place for us to compete effectively."

and

Remember that Pearson announced, just minutes after the demoralizing confirmation of the Actavis/Allergan merger on Nov. 17, that Valeant was buying (for $20-million) a part of Nicox's business to further push into ophthalmology concerns.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is what Saunders says about DARPin (again from 6 Jan 2015, Actavis at Goldman Sachs CEO Unscripted Healthcare);

"And look, I think DARPin--it is not in our model. The expenses are, but revenues aren't in our model. It is kind of almost like a free call option on a drug that has got the potential to be a multibillion-dollar drug. And I think the question of how much we invest in it will really be a decision we take after we see the Japanese study read out in the second quarter...

But if we have a drug that can be dosed three, four times a year, well then we've got a game changer...If we don't have that, I think we will have to figure that out what we really have and spend our money wisely."

But is it only about DARPin?: "We've got top-line accretion. We've got more optionality in the pipeline. We've got leadership and aethetics. We've leadership in ophthalmology. We've got a global footprint now that gives us scale to move our products around the world, and we've got long-lived assets. That is strategic and I don't think we overpaid. We paid a fair price, but if a couple of things hit in the pipeline then we got a great price."