CardioNet MCOT vs eCardio ER920W

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by Anonymous, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, they really did a bang up job the first time around, didn't they?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If CardioNot is so good why aren't they selling their version of the ER920W? They bought Braemar, right? Can't they find anyone on planet earth to integrate the Braemar into their
    reporting system?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And maybe it will fit into the suitcase the MCOT comes with and the 9 pounds of equipment along with Grandma's curlers if she can fit them in there!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BioWatch already has a dry electrode belt.

Corventis appears to me to have big design flaws, but I think that the partnership news would be significant if true. (I'm the guy who posted about it earlier.) Personally, I hope that they fail again, but that doesn't lead me to discount incremental information.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No idea what happened, but they were gaining traction real quick.
    Keep that attitude though, I am sure it will carry CardioNet far.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the guy talking about the Zephyr monitor..... I was talking about moving out of the cardiac event monitoring business altogether and moving into sales for sports medicine. Imagine landing a huge account with the Miami Dolphins, where their players are monitored off season to augment their training regimen so their players stop crapping out in the 4th quarter. I wasn't talking about using this monitor (which is investigational according to all insurances) for old patients, or any cardiac patients for that matter. Shows you how much you moronic sales staff "think outside the box"..... Damn your dumb, trying to sell for an already saturated market and needing ME TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU...

As for new cardiac monitors, try iRhythm's Zio series. Their cardiac monitors are the size and width of three credit cards and are disposable/recyclable. And their holter monitor is about the size of your thumb and sticks to the chest like a band aid with no lead wires, similar to the Corventis model.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am relatively new to medical (device) sales. I am interviewing at several companies. Can someone please offer feedback/advice/opinion/suggestions?? Which is better for a new sales rep - CardioNet or e-Cardio?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both have the same problem, declining revenue/ Medicare reimbursement.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yikes :(

I am just trying to get my foot in the door. I hope joining CardioNet is a good decision?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you seen the moive Titanic? That is what is happening at CardioNet. Grab a life jacket if you jump on that ship!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is up with Tony? One minute he's giving the impression that the sky is bluer than it's been in a long time and then he disappears for a couple of weeks out of pocket and unavailable. To everyone. Something is definitely up..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the tip regarding XFINITY.

I had hoped to find a more mature, civil discussion here regarding eCardio and hopefully get a good explanation of the differences between the eCardio ER920W and the CardioNet MCOT.

I wore the ER920W for 21 days in late summer, early autumn 2010 and unfortunately, can not find my EOB from Medicare nor my BC/BS Michigan EOB. However, Medicare paid their amount in full and my secondary BC/BS paid my copay. There was no cost to me whatsoever.

I found the eCardio staff pleasant but not prepared to answer the questions I asked. My questions were not the type that most patients would ask. The last day of wearing the ER920 I finally talked to "Adam" and he knew whereof he spoke and was able to answer most of my somewhat unorthodox questions.

I recently finished 21 days on an MCOT.

Frankly, I detested the MCOT the minute I opened the kit. I wasn't any happier wearing it or using it. I found the staff pleasant when I called to ask questions but totally unprepared and unable to answer my questions. I realize that my questions were somewhat unorthodox and not what the staff would usually encounter from patients. I was curious why 3 leads instead of 2 for instance, what benefit?

I recently received a billng from CardioNet for the Medicare copay which was a bit of a surprise. The billing code used was 93229 and my secondary BC/BS of MI is refusing payment saying the MCOT is experimental.

Just opening the CardioNet kit was overwhelming when one is expecting a cigarette pack size item and some leads and wires. We live in a rural area w/poor cell reception, we have no phone jacks in the bedroom, we have slow speed dialup. Why CardioNet couldn't provide a CD or DVD w/their instructions videos is a mystery to me. I wasn't about to spend forever waiting for those 9-10 videos to download so a day was lost to scheduling a phone call. It was extremely inconvenient to have to carry around both a sensor and a monitor. Having to carry along the battery charger as well as the monitor and sensor when leaving the house for any amount of time was an even more aggravating PITA. The battery life on both sensor and monitor was short, especially the sensor. I'm sure I am probably forgetting other things I didn't like about the MCOT.

The eCardio ER920W was so easy and so convenient. Sensor and monitor in one small carry case attached to your belt or on a lanyard around your neck. Two or four (I forget which) batteries in the sensor/monitor. No need for a battery charger. You didn't even have to return it in the box it came in. You just put the sensor/monitor in its case into a padded envelope along w/the lead wires and sent it back to eCardio.

I do admit that I liked that CardioNet had you return unused electrodes which eCardio didn't. That seemed such a waste since I had no use for them.

Just one patient's experience and opinion. Make of it what you want. I don't know how much influence a patient's opinion of the event monitor(s) they've had experience w/counts. However, I do know that my cardiologist has listened to me and one other patient who also wasn't happy w/the MCOT and who is having problems w/their insurance and CardioNet of some type. My cardiologist has assurred me that when I have to "do" another event monitor it won't be the CardioNet and most likely will be the ER920W unless something better (and easier and comfortable) comes along.

Assuming you are all sales reps I have to say an awful lot of you are not particularly impressive or good reflections on your company whichever/whatever company that is. Too those few who were civil - thank you!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, what is the benefit of asking "unorthodox" questions?

Are you aware with your "poor reception" you probably filled the 30 min worth of memory in the ecardio, so you carried that "convenient" unit on the lanyard around for nothing? Yes, 6 memory slots up to 30 min. was probably filled up the first 30 minutes because it could not transmit due to "poor reception". At least the CardioNet recorded the entire 21 days. I guess you get what you pay for????

Im glad you and the other patient expressed your displeasure to the MD about the product, hopefully he will not prescribe it to anyone else. You really helped a lot of people, feel better?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a patient how did you find this board? You have to be one of those independent reps that Ecardio has hired that doesn't understand this business or the difference in the monitors. The 920W is just an auto trigger event monitor which auto sends. 30 mins of recording which if not able to transmit in a timely manner kicks out the data to make room for more. It may be "more convenient but when looking for potentially important data do you really want convenient? It is not an apples to apples comparison more like a BMW to Pinto comparison. And yeah, we all know what a hassle it is to put something back in the box it came in. That takes the better part of the day. Idiot.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is good to be informed, but all you had to do is look at the products on the company websites to see the difference. Glad the ecardio was so much more convenient and cheaper. Big question is does it work better or at least as well. I agree with the other poster, if you had such poor reception, you probably did not transmit much data wasting everyone's time.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again I say, your post is such Bullshit. Why seek out a community board to post your theories about product comparisons? Next time, just call 1 800- who gives- a fuck

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say BS to you! MCOT ass-kisser, koolaid drinker...go back to your lousy territory and keep beggin for buisness. You hate your job, company, and yourself. What IF this is a real poster above? Who are you to judge? BTW...how's the DOJ investigation going?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Dr Phil for your insight. Just in case the other number might be busy, try this one... 1-800-GO-Fuck-Yourself.

What a TOOL

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great come back my man. I see originality isn't a prerequisite
    at CardioNot.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess.... another B/B failure trying to get into the medical arena.