Getting put on a plan?

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 30, 2014 at 8:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me if how long I can go until my mgr puts me on a pip or if I'm just being paranoid? My numbers are flat for the last two qrts. If i do get put on a plan, do people come off of them here and stay?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is uncanny, i feel the same way. Not sure how to grow qtr over qtr. I have been her for 2 years and its up and down. Need some advice from someone who has been in our shoes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is being put on a PIP just a formality before the fire you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too would love to hear management answer this one instead of constantly talking about new indications "coming online". Being put on a plan should not exist at Avanir. I know we are all salespeople and the goal is to grow, but with Nuedexta it's hard enough to get a doctor to Rx, then its a miracle if you actually see the scripts come through in your numbers. THIS is the reason for a LOT of the turnover. Top notch reps feeling like they have no control over their numbers, and constantly fearing for their jobs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that! Be prepared to be put on a PIP. It's what they do here. Then be prepared to lose your job. Again, it's what they do here!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are history! Find a new line of work!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does anyone actually come off a plan and stay here?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. They don't. There's one guy here that was put on a plan years ago and turned it around. He is now an RBM. practically everyone else left. Or were let go. Good luck. I'm sorry if you're going through this. There are dozens of stories about how people have been tarted here and how many were given a severance once they were fired. Mostly to sign a sign a document to keep them quiet. Too many former reps could rattle the cage on off label promotion, etc

Get out of Avanir!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: what is the story with this company?

can someone honestly tell me what is up with this company?
    drug and indication sound like a dog
    just did a phone interview with someone named sharon and not convinced about the solvency of this company
    talked about new indications? and new drug approval later this year for launch in 2015?
    salary and bonus plan seem pretty sketchy as well
    seems like a pretty good pipeline but a whole lot of issues and turnover
    not working with a great company now but making decent $$ and hitting the #'s so I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire!
    so, what's the story here?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't believe you do this for a living and not in tune with what you may sell ? Everything is online, I am an investor and finding out info is easy. Seeing this type of possible sales force in concerning for sure...

The indications she is refering to are in the same drug line as they have been selling... Hoping it expands out into other areas and depression in the future would be huge bucks...

Are all drug reps 10 - 2 workers that run in the morning, eat well, do lots of play time and have no interest in what they actually sale ? It is just a job ? When I fail here I will move over too..... ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most reps do work 8am-5pm here or longer, I think the 2015 Launch
    they were referring to will be the new migraine drug.
    Nuedexta is a hard drug to sell currently because of the limited indication,
    more indications may come down the road, which will help.
    Bonus plan is lucrative "IF" you can GROW sales, not just maintain sales.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once your put on a PIP you are gone. The 8 week PIP is really a 4 week plan. After the 4th week they offer to buy you out if you sign a document that says you cant file a lawsuit or claim. Only one person has survived a PIP. The RBM in Florida. His numbers turned around when the famous ex speaker from Florida came on board. Funny stuff

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is accurate information. That Now RBM did get off a PIP. Only one I know of. Get out. Shady company.