Biggest Scam Since Enron

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$3.5B for your cough syrup that sells $100M in off-label sales plus the "pipeline" of cough syrup for Alzheimer's? If it is actually approved for Alzheimer's, which I doubt, it could never do more than $50M in sales.
    List names of Otsuka Licensing group and senior mgt which will all pay the price for this sham.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Cough syrup" lol
    If Nuedexta does get the agitation in the dementia patient indication, it will
    be a billion dollar drug, and the only medicine with that indication.
    None of the antipsychotics or antidepressants have that indication.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whats to stop Hari Krishna in India from replicating and selling this cough syrup???
    generic ingredients can be prescribed separately??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a perfect example of why the US healthcare system is in such a financial mess and why the US healthcare budget takes up such a huge percentage of our GDP compare to other civilized countries with healthcare systems better than ours. Google these facts for yourself and look at the statistics. They are mind boggling. Someone has to stop this madness. Approving this drug for its current indication and reimbursing it at its current levels are a financial nightmare to the healthcare system. There are a handful of otter drugs like this (questcor). Who will show leadership in Washington to stand up to the lobbying groups? We are all paying for this. Compare your healthcare premiums today vs 5 yrs ago. Wait until the hue pipeline of orphan stem cell drugs hit the market in 5 years. There is a million dollar a year gene therapy drugs not far off of the horizon. First one was already approved in Europe and looking to get Approval here. This drug can easily be used by rxing these two pennies on true dollar generic products together. Yes is work in this industry but still support this type of legislation.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enron made more sense!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back when I worked for this company I was at a meeting in Chicago and I noticed an in house employee, a female, on cafepharma replying to messages that were not Avanir friendly. You are this person. BUSTED!!
    That being said although Nuedexta is a total joke and the majority of the top reps make their money paying Doctors to be speakers and write the drug, if it does get that dementia indication it will be a big time drug. But that is 3 years away. Utsuka made an investment here in the future that will really hurt them bad if it doesn't reach approval.