Gentiva office closings

Discussion in 'Home Healthcare Reps - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the word for everybody here? Where is Gentiva closing offices? Things are looking pretty bleak.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only under-performing offices will be closed; an some will be consolidated into near-by offices. This is an attempt to prepare for additional Medicare cuts in '12 as well as improve the company's bottom line. Gentiva is not the only company affected; many others will be as well. The industry is being squeezed by cuts in re-reimbursements.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We heard all of Michigan and totals 160 offices across the country. But I have only heard from two gentiva people

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

greed, medicare fraud, medicare cuts, competition all factor in. Look at A Mess It Is for example. Lying, cheating, ignorant management team now look at them. Exposed for what they really are. Closed offices, stock loss of 40%, numerous jobs cuts, DOJ breathing down you neck. Remember, these are God fearing people. What a joke!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40 offices in 60 days. is that right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said it, TOP DAWGS are pointing the finger at Medicare cuts but all it is is them wanting to keep their millions at the cost of people at the bottom losing their jobs. CORP GREED

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're sounding like a Gentiva branch director I once knew, he saw the storm coming but wouldn't knee down to pray and ask God to make it stop....so everyone was run over by it. Don't let the wolves in sheeps clothing fool you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Odyssey Hospice for several years and then they were purchased by Gentiva for 1 billion dollars. I left a job and patients that I loved..all because of the issues listed by this post above. Gentiva only cares about the bottom dollar..the patients and employees are simply numbers in their game and the constant Blitzing..their term for bringing in more patients, and admitting and keeping patients on service(when their hospice diagnosis no longer met criteria..or never met it to start with) that a lot of staff often questioned, but were admitted and kept on service anyway. I refused to participate in their game. I worked long and hard for my nursing license and I have Integrity about me and I miss my patients and co-workers, but as I stated, I could not be a part of this anymore. It is really sad to see what the "Management Team..Corporate"at Gentiva has done to such a company that I was once proud to wear the purple colors for and take such honor and respect..which I took with me when I worked out my 2 week notice. I understand that Gentiva is announcing that they are closing some Odyssey offices as well as stopping some well-deserved fun times..such as Employee of the Month, Holiday parties..now how is that for morale?
    My anxiety and stress level has reduced tremendously since I departed Gentiva. I hope that not many offices close before the end of the year as the holidays are quickly approaching and jobs are not that plentiful..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why doesn't Tony Strange give up some of his Millions and keep the offices from closing? He's too used to the High Life and won't give it up. Easier for a camel to go through an ee of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is just hillarous to see all these big wigs that run these hh and hospice companies hide behind organized religion. They are all phonies. Look at all the uprise on wall st. greddy bastards.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They come in to small office and swear they're doing all they can to help everyone that will affected by the closings...YEAH RIGHT. Big Dogs ar too busy on the golf courses to come out and give employees the bad news. Give up some of your millions you GREEDY CEO's and keep the branches from closing and adding more people to the unemployment lines.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In all honesty, at one time Gentiva really had a great company. What happened is they missed the Medicare boat many years ago and when they showed up late the greed was transparent. They reported Girling to the OIG for their pre-ops on orthopedic patients and now look at where they are. Seriously, why are more reputable companies surviving these big bad cuts? What are their best practices b/c Gentiva certainly isn't practicing them. BTW...
    From Forbes...Tony Strange salary total compensation $5,472,327.00 for 2010. How does he sleep at night?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet Gentiva senior executives and Vice Presidents keep their office girlfriends employed that's another problem within Gentiva the men in charge sleep with so many women, especially the ones that don't know anything as well as these Gentiva mangement team doesn't know much to run a department, you think they can run a company. TONY STRANGE PERHAPS YOU SHOULD CONTROL YOUR MALE EXES FROM SLEEPING WITH SO MANY WOMEN AT WORK AND FOCUS ON THE JOB!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

especially the traveling Vice Presidents sleep with so many women in the company...and people have to loose their jobs. FIRE THE EXECS.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA HA HA I guess everyone is aware of the sleepovers except the clients/patients. Yeah the Gentiva company has a pretty studdly crew of execs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't call them studdly, ladies you're loosing jobs, your dumb asses need to stand up and file sexual harrassment and get a pay day and get this nonsense to stop. LADIES STAND UP BEFORE YOU'RE OUT OF WORK

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not be a stupid bitch do something about it!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

start listing these the names of these men using company women for their pleasure and go to human resources to get this stopped. Remember you have all the cards!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medicare fined Gentiva for 12.5 million, stupid women listen up I bet you don't get paid this much but if you cared to save your jobs and have respect for yourself you have an excellent case of sexual harrassment. Hopefully Tony reads these blogs and realizes he needs to address his VP's, managers, supervisors. I agree there are a rare few in working management including jr VP's that know anything about policy and procedure and basic working principals. Missing the Medicare boat is only part of our troubles, some management have been at Gentiva too long and have gotten comfortable til they don't care and do not know what to do in making things better

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It takes a Stupid Bitch to know one! I'm not working there anymore so I don't have access to the departments anymore.