Angioscore

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts on company and technology?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess...you're the same person that started the cutting balloon thread?

I like AngioScore. Its a niche player, so if it were my only product I would want a large territory. If I already sold to interventionalists, I would ask them about it before I took it on.

Finally, you need to be prepared for the company to be bought out at any time...thats the double edge sword of a side product like that....you don't necessarily want it unless unless there is a market for it, and if there is a market for it, there's a good chance that one of the bigs will swoop in, buy the company, and you're left with nothing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who runs Angioscore?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AngioScore is privately held. AngioScore.com

They have been looking to be bought out for a while. Really cool product actually...if a JNJ or MDT could get involved and do some clinical studies with it - definitely see the potential for expanded labelling.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The President/CEO is actually an arrogant prick, old school good old boys management style. They've had a lot of turnover at the Sr Staff level over the years but the head of the snake has remained the same for many years now which is why they've been unable to do much more then tread water for years. The product and technology is great but very much a niche product which together with incompetent leadership is why they've not been successful getting bought yet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, incompetent ledership and the general exodus of venture capitalism from medical devices in lieu of the pending wholesale reform of the business...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simply but effective technology. Very weak leadership. No suitors and an unreal expectation of a potential sale price. Current sales under $50 million, yet management talks about a sale price with a B(illion)! The company would be a nice pickup for Abbott in the $300 million range but that won't cover the venture capital investors. Tough environment to work in. Lots of turnover. If you were one of the first you should be fine, but if you join now you may starve.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a sack of shit....the wires are mounted on a compliant balloon where the cutting balloon is on a NC....if you don't understand.....you can go to higher inflations with a NC

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AngioScore mounted on a SEMI-compliant balloon. There's no doubt this is a niche product, but "sack of shit"? Sounds like someone needs every single case to begin and end with their product(s) only...regardless of patient outcome.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Piece of shit i'm telling you!!!!!! I've been around for a long time and seen it in action head to head against the cutting balloon.......Piece of shit. The only problem with the cutting balloon is the deliverability but as far as outcomes.....Please......

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Angiosculpt is nothing more than a balloon with a mesh like construct around it approximating a stent. The cutting balloon with it's blades longitudinally positioned is far superior. Angioscore, calling the Angiosculpt a scoring balloon in misleading and not true.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IVUS images disagrees with you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom Trotter President and CEO treats woman with such disrespect. Company had to settle lawsuits because of his mental and yes physical abuse. He is a complete joke as a leader. That, the extensive DOJ investigation, class one recalls of every device they sell and litigation cost due to Trotter actions the company will not have a billion dollar market cap. It will be a fire sale in the LOW $200 million. Stock valuation will be 1.50-2.00/share. Stay away VC's! Unlike Trotter I understand finance. That clown destroyed all the potential with his actions.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares about Trotter...Cassidy runs the show anyway!