Pediatric Sales

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Insurance runs about $380 per month; my company car is a Suburu Forester...not a family car but its free.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They always have some type of "family" car option. (Or what they consider a family sized car.) Example: they used to have mini vans a few years ago. It just cost the reps a little more out of your check each month to opt for the larger vehicle.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are all the reps in ped only medical or dieticians or nutritionists? Cant see why but one office said they are.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't exactly brain surgery. We sell freakin milk.
    No need to be a dietician or have an advanced degree. Most of the RD's here don't know anything about selling(not that you have to).
    The cows in those offices no nothing.

Find another career.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They "no" nothing? Geez

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best division to be in. Bar none

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Ped sales, no. There are a few RDs but mostly reps with prior sales exp. In adult nutrition, more are RDs. -- they should be. It is way more clinical. Selling baby formula is brand awareness. I know, I work for AN in peds.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simply put.Get a good manager and this is the best job in the world. Get a bad manager and it is the worst. The problem is they now change managers every two years. Most of them are horrible, incompetent ass-kissers who won't support you if there is a problem

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great video clip. As for carrots and sticks, most managers are tasked with using sticks to keep people in line. It's outdated and counter productive. But they don't know any better and will never change.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even good managers are eventually forced to conform to be micro-managers. There is no trust between management and the sales force. They slacked off as reps and feel so does everyone else. It's crack the whip time. God help us.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carrot and stick?? Stick and bigger stick.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I made a terrible mistake 2 years ago. I sold all my Abbott stock before the separation to Abbvie. This mistake has cost me about $125,000. I listened to the wrong people. Kicking myself. Anyone else in the same boat?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop listening to the negativity. You should have left it. Too expensive to get back in.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just hit upon why they change managers every few years: trust. Trust means things like relationships and loyalty between the manager and the people they manage. When that happens, managers may do crazy things, like believe their people over a report when there is a gray area on something they did.

In compliance-driven Abbott, or any pharma company these days, the loyalty must be between the manager and the company. 100% blind and instantly obeyed loyalty. For that to happen, there must be a Gestapo atmosphere, we all a required to turn in anyone, even their best friend, if they even suspect someone may have done something disloyal to the company.

In this atmosphere, the best managers are young, inexperienced, and easily brainwashed, and who have no loyalty at all to the people they manage. They must be rotated frequently so no bonds develop.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no more trust, no more relationships. Go to work, do your job and go home. The days of reps really caring about there customers are almost done. Our company has put an end to that. They have forgotten what is important. Clinical differences in infant formula. I don't think so. Customers don't think so. Don't follow company direction. Try and develop relationships with key people in your area. Learn your products and you will be successful. My 401k just hit 1.4 mill. Anyone can do this. Follow the plan.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the advice. I have been here under a year. I am so confused by the direction from mgt that I want to scream. I'm not sure I will be staying.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Know why they don't value relationships? Because those in charge couldn't build one if there lives depended on it. So they can judge the best role play, the highest score on a knowledge check, the highest number of calls entered, the best display of creative writing on a hospital growth plan. But teach the newly hired how to identify the decision maker, line up all the influencers, build trust, probe for needs, bring the customer information they can actually use, and close for meaningful, measurable business? NEVER happen. Thank God I'm just about out, because another 2 years of this and I'll lose my mind.