Typical morals of BSCI

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical-device maker Boston Scientific Corp. had goodwill write-downs in five of the last six years, but granted incentive pay to its CEO each year. The company had a $4.1 billion 2012 loss under standard accounting measures, but after excluding a $4.4 billion goodwill write-down and other charges, it had a $933 million profit used to set short-term incentive pay.
    Citing confidentiality, a spokeswoman said the company doesn't comment on specifics about executive performance beyond its filings.
    Write to Michael Rapoport at Michael.Rapoport@wsj.com

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would this surprise anyone? It's well known in the business community that BSC is run by the biggest scumbags in all of corporate America

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude. You need to put your email address on the st Jude board. Ask for stories on ethics in the field. Your email will be bombarded.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone has names...who are they?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Michael Crapaport

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know for some the the truth hurts, but you need to start living in the real world and realize
    that BSX is a POS company both in product and management.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

guess someone here needs to be schooled on what a goodwill impairment is . . . once you finish your finance reply back. Impairment may get stockholders in a tizzy, but it also is a valuable tool for showing the growth culture in acquisitions from an innovative progressive company. Just look at the infrastructure investment in neuromodulation: In 10 years they have #1 share, and it is from BEING ETHICAL and doing the right thing with quality and patient care.

dude, c'mon now, a Guidant impairment will pass, quality care lasts a lifetime. Be glad you don't have a stimulator from STJ or MDT

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BSCI ARDEN HILLS HAS SOME OF THE MOST
    UNDERTRAINED MANAGEMENT I HAVE
    EVER EXPERIENCED. Morals ??? None.
    I worked there and felt it first hand and heard
    Second hand from others. They Promote people
    Into Manager Positions who possess NO
    Experience and have NO people skills to work
    WITH their team. Their Advancement is all
    They ate concerned about. Happy Day when
    I left and MUCH happier at Competitor.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. Guidant had decent management but then they either were too rich to work or too fed up with the Ego Idiots at Boston Scientific so all the good people left.

What's left is old Guidant "yes-men" and un-qualified Boston Scientific ladder-climbers.

I suggest that Boston Scientific will NEVER put strong managers in there, too much risk of that division getting stronger and taking over the very weakened stents/balloons division.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true!!