Welcome Letter from R Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

December 1, 2012

(Abbvie Logo)

Dear Future AbbVie Shareholder:

It's a great pleasure to welcome you as a future shareholder of our new company, AbbVie, which will soon begin independent operation as an already-established health care industry leader in proprietary pharmaceuticals and biologics.

AbbVie will be a global, research-based pharmaceutical company with a sustainable portfolio of market-leading products, including such brands as HUMIRA, Lupron, Synagis, Kaletra, Creon and Synthroid. For our longer-term future, we've built a pipeline of new specialty medicines and formulations, including more than 20 new compounds or indications in Phase II or III development across such important medical specialties as immunology, renal care, Hepatitis C, women's health, oncology, and neuroscience, including multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's diseases. We also have a number of new clinical indications in development for our market-leading anti-TNF biologic, HUMIRA.

AbbVie's business model is distinctly different from Abbott's diversified model. The driver of our success will be the development and commercialization of new pharmaceutical and biologics—discovered or developed in our own laboratories or by others. As a result of the separation, our shareholders will be able to evaluate the distinct merits, performance, and future prospects of AbbVie.

I encourage you to learn more about AbbVie by reading the attached information statement. AbbVie intends to apply to have its common stock authorized for listing on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol " ."

Our new company has a new name, of course. But it's a name that connects us to the great heritage of Abbott, with its almost 125 years of experience, tradition, and success. We're very proud of our enduring connection to Abbott's great history, and excited about the equally great future we see ahead of us.

We at AbbVie have been given a unique opportunity to create a new company with an equally strong heritage of success. We intend to make the absolute most of it—for the sake of all the people who depend upon us: our patients, our customers, and you, our fellow shareholders.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Gonzalez
    Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
    AbbVie Inc.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder who really wrote this for RG??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And why doesn't he show his face?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT?? When did this come about?? This is the first I have heard of it! Is this true? Why didn't my manager tell me about this?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pitiful message from our new CEO - - - it reads like a Hallmark Greeting Card! NO SUBSTANCE & NO BOLD VISION! Gag me!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm guessing cuz your manager knows that RG doesn't care about you; he only cares about his beloved stockholders. Gag me, too. and Barf.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting to see that Androgel was not included in the list of products. Just as Abbott has yet to mention the approval received by the FDA for Architect 2nd generation Testosterone testing equipment. Even though Abbott Announces CE Mark for Highly Sensitive Testosterone Test to Measure the Hormone at Low Levels dated August 28, 2012

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf12/K120009.pdf

http://www.abbott.com/news-media/press-releases/abbott-announces-ce-mark-for-highly-sensitive-testosterone-test-to-measure-the-hormone-at-low-levels.htm

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup with all that money reallocated to salary for that CDC PI to standardize testosterone testing it seems odd. Wonder what J. Leonard is thinking?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same guy who wrote his resume?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you very much. This is exactly the information I have been looking for.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calm down

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The movement of employees indicates that Abbott has been quietly working with Biosante since 2008, most likely on Libigel. It may very well be tied to the Biosante - ANI Merger proposal. The Libigel phase III safety/efficacy trial results should be available.

The following Phase II clinical trial leads me to believe that Abbott has much more then a passing interest in Libigel- "The VO2 Increase With Testosterone Addition - Heart Failure (VITA-HF) Trial" sponsored through the University of Alberta. Androgel is the male intervention and an unnamed testosterone gel with a very good safety profile is being used on females. Only Libigel has the safety data to support using it on Heart failure patients. The university does not mention who supplied the grant for the study. I would be very surprised if Abbott is not funding this.

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01469988?intr=androgel&spons=university+of+alberta&rank=1

The results of a phase II trial on the cognitive benefits of Libigel should also be available this month.

I wonder if a phase III testosterone Trial for older women is in the works, similar to the testosterone trial for older men which Abbott is presently collaborating on.

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00799617?term=testosterone+older+men&rank=5

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well gosh john boy I'm just not used to what seems like criminal activity to me.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry your pretty head. None of this will happen soon enough to save many reps, including you! The lines have been drawn. In january the hounds will be unleashed and a vast majority of reps will be laid off.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure wish it were a simple case of qui tam but dang its a little more convoluted from my perspective. Hypothetically I think a little fessing up might help .

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Future Abbvie Shareholder:

Welcome ! Please note that not all of the information that you use to invest with us is truthful !! Infact, I started the tradition of false information in my resume ! And now I am CEO. So you know what we are all about and what great stewards of your money are in charge here !!
    So, Puhleez go ahead and give us your hard earned money. Believe us, not your lying eyes !
    Happy Holidays - Feliz navidad !
    Gonzo, Ph.D.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now Ricky, tell me again why Johnny boy is the number 2 man at AbbVie salary wise? Anywho I would recommend somebunny fess up to The Project On Government Oversight (POGO) ASAP and name some names.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe it is just a very lucky coincidence, but only took Abbott about 12 hours to put out PR on the FDA approval for low level Testosterone testing, even though they have had this information since September 11, 2012.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah and maybe it is just a lucky coincidence that a month after funding got reallocated to salary after the fact on a big giant grant with the CDC the CDC came through for us :) We are so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RG says we'll have surprises in January. Can't wait!