Baxter Merger is On

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Dec 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors have already started that the Abbott-Baxter merger is on for next year. I am looking forward to this. Baxter has a stronger management team. Hopefully this happens soon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is absolute BS. It does not make any business sense.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well on the Aegerion Pharmaceuticals board they have Aegerion and Abbott. Sounds like things are heating up.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Baxter/Abbott merger would never happen with Miles and Parkinson at the top. Both guys were competing for the CEO job at Abbott in 1998. Miles the used car salesman convinced the board he was the better candidate. His McKinsey like power point presentations were impressive however his track record at ADD left something to be desired. Yes he led the division to great growth however it was in a non-compliant state. Millions of dollars in fines and a consent decree at ADD brought the division to its knees and should have been enough for Parky to get the job. As soon as Miles was appointed CEO Parkinson was looking for another opportunity.
    Bottom line this will never happen!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok Forrest glad to know you that you are part of the brain thrust here at Abbott. Geeeez you people are dumb & clueless.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the merger with Aegerion Pharmaceuticals?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told they are still good friends.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miles White and Bob Parkinson, HA, two dinosaurs leading Abbott to extinction.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More sources are saying the same thing. Usually when nobody will confirm the information something happens soon.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can confirm that IHOP has all you can eat pancakes, chow down baby!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There shouldn't be any anti-trust issues. Their product lines are complementary and the combined entity is still a dwarf of JNJ or Pfizer just to name a couple of companies in the space. This sounds like a strong possibility.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree we have a lot of reasons that this merger would work. The strong value and performance of the two companies combined with the increased revenues, combined talent and cost reduction would make this exciting for shareholders.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haven't you heard, the merger is off.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My sources say the merger is on. We should hear something soon. The synergy of the combined management teams would work well together and produce strong shareholder value.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is positive news. I am excited.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this was even a remote possibility (which it is not) only a very small group would know its existence and code name . They always threaten everyone before hand to ensure secrecy .
    Abbott split to get smaller . Miles will,want to preserve that and the only acquisitions he would consider would be high growth companies that fit with the current product portfolios . Baxter is not a high growth , high margin company. Don't waste your time dreaming about things that will never happen.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer Consumer Health might be a near term option.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They won't be merging with Baxter. Baxter makes hospital products. We already dumped the hospital products business, remember Hospira?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Baxter Merger is really On

These businesses that are having difficulty finding customers for their products can merge with a better performing niche, allowing the underperforming business to expand along with it and find new markets.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Baxter Merger is really On

What was a toxic situation has more commonplace in the business community and represent an acceptable method to grow a company. M&A's are anything but simple. They can be chaotic, challenging, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. Mergers typically refer to the merging of two companies into one new company. An acquisition generally means the acquiring of assets of one company by another company. In this case, both companies may still exist after the acquisition.