AMO, what's the future here?

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight of what the future holds.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your were bought out what about three years or so ago? The "abbottization" takes about five years. The starts the slow death of your division. See ADC/Therasense.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The AutoZone merger is coming soon. Then you can start selling auto parts. Lots of fun.
    You guys sell cars during the week right?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I fixed race cars for 7 years put your boss on, I'll talk to em
    I got all dat shit

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does cornea having anything new coming?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new things that typically come to corneal at AMO are typically layoffs... nothing new coming that I know of...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMO was acquired a little over 5 years ago. They are bringing in their folks (Abbott) in Sr management positions, which is a good thing to breakup the old AMO culture. Cataract is the money maker for the company. Problem with Cataract is they wasted $400 million under Mazzo for a worthless company in Visiogen a few years ago. Where is the new accommodating IOL?

Corneal is dying a slow death, lame R&D folks who have not developed or launched a new product in many years. Time for Murhty and Manny to shake things up over there to get the lazy folks on the first floor doing nothing but talking about the products they developed years ago. Get in the lab and deliver a new product.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above poster
    The dual optic lens is well and truly dead ..... a wasted $400M on Visiogen
    But the rest of cataract is looking very healthy

I get the feeling Abbott don't have the appetite to make corneal work

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy, do you have that right!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think your right

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"the future is so bright here you've gota wear shades"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually they make you wear shades so they can keep you in the dark.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truthfully I don' think anyone can tell what the future of any Abbott division is or will be. The only truth is that the company is being ripped apart to the bone, no one can verbalize the reason or the vision, and we are all expected to deliver more with 50% less. I say we will either rise above or implode, but somethings gonna give.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well for AMO, the future is in the cataract business, has been and always will be. As folks get older, they develop cataracts and need IOLs to replace the cataract. That's why the cataract business generates approximately 75% of AMOs revenue.
    They just better hope the leftover dopes from Visiogen don't screw things up in R&D. They couldn't get their lens approved by FDA because of poor design. And now they are supposed to run the #2 market leader...good luck with that.
    If that doesn't mess things up, then hopefully the new blood in Ops will see that the old mgmt messed up the Puerto Rico IOL manufacturing site and will hire staff to support that facility. After-all it is you bread and butter.
    Murthy may not be the best at communicating his message to the masses, but have to give him credit, he is hitting his numbers...much better than that blow hard Mazzo.

I think AMO is the opposite. They have layoffs, but they keep forgetting to get rid of some of the folks who don't produce. They just need to get rid of a couple more old AMO Sr. Mgmt and they will be on the right track.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMO is not making the numbers this year?!?!?! We did last year and then the new management said, "hey WE need to do something to make our mark" so they change the structure, lay off more people, and now are not making the number. We did not even get quotas and comp until halfway through the year. All of my colleagues here it he field were not even working!!!

I may not be the smartest man in the world, however, all those fools needs to go: Mazzacco, Castillo, Rouns, Tarver, and Stephens!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to run Cover 3 or Tampa 2. This Application Maintenance Outsourcing will not work.
    Strange management.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can cornea make it with the current lineup of products? CooperVision just bought Sauflon, which has a line of contact lens solutions. Cooper will have a lot more behind the promotion of their solutions.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as stated before AMO has very little interest in Corneal - or just doesn't know what to do yet All the investment and time is going to cat and refractive - sorry

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was the last product launch from Corneal? Revitalens in 2010? Four years later and nothing new...I guess R&D is too busy with their bake offs again, then developing new products.

Even when Revitalens launched I could not find that damn formula at Target or local supermarket chain. Lousy Marketing...now just in Corneal but across the division, IMO.

Once Corneal went under Manny, it had the looks of AMO wanting to sell it...just not sure if they have any buyers. I don't see any blockbuster coming from the Corneal group so they will always be the bad step child in the bunch.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: AMO, what's the future here? San Diego Chargers

Were thinking about training camp for the Chargers now. We do not have any players named Manny. Sounds like he was released.