Whats your backup plan after device?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a very cut throat industry to be in these days. The outlook for this industry is increasingly going downhill due to price wars and GPOs. The loyalty the rep has with the relationships at hospitals is not what it used to be as costs, red tape, mass conversions to 1 uniform provider, buyouts, Obama Care, and the list goes on. Interesting point the previous poster made how this industry is like the old car companies of the U.S and how they will eventually be a couple major providers and the rest will be swallowed up. GE, J&J, and even Medtronic will withstand the changes, Stryker has a great chance as well. The money is great but is it worth all the stress, giving up quality of life, and always looking over your shoulder? I think insurance, software sales, consulting, becoming an entrepreneur are good choices as back up plans. My 2 cents.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever wrote this is complete trash.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make sure while you create a back-up plan you do not get off track with your current objectives. This major shift has certainly created a tougher selling environment, but it is not over. Hospitals will and should continue to limit traffic in and out of OR's creating a more structured working environment. Similar to other industries contracts will rule, however niche players with LEGITIMATE breakthrough widgets will be accepted. I have been with 3 companies in 10 years (2 start-up's) and my philosophy has been always been to conduct the majority of the sale outside the OR(not Ortho). My products niche, my philosophy scrutinized, but I think this fall within the normal parameters of selling in the future. Even with all the bad press today I still have many industry friends who continually make over 250k/year with a good QOL. Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry if i offended any with my brash. and blunt remarks.
    but at the end of the day my point is made clear and im sure agreed on by most intelligent seasoned reps, if you dont adapt to the change and either have more product to sell, or increase your # of cases by say 20-30% you wont make your # and your territory will shrink and eventually be pushed out.