Company Cars

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is the pret tiest rep at Merck

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

me

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

she is in the SE

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? BMWs are on order?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any reps get a replacement ride lately? Is the only option still the Maliboo? Look a car is a car but we are forced to pay $$$'s out of our checks. Throw us a bone and give us more model selections. Many would pay more $'s for a different model as we are driving hours a day. Do not get me started about the masses who claim a medical exception for a free suv, pathetic. How about us legitimate reps?

Any changes down the road? Please spare us the Yugo, Bentley and bicycle jokes.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've had 3 spine surgeries and you want to go off on me for getting an approval for an alternate vehicle? No, don't get me started about ignorant reps who have the gall to do that...... It's bad enough that Merck seems unable to streamline the process for future special vehicle orders after jumping through all of their hoops to get the first one. Oh no, we get to do it all over again for some unexplained reason with all of the same documentation. But don't get me started.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I concur with your observations and there are legitimate cases where reps need a better suited car. However, many are gaming the system with a md note. Shame on hospital and specialty managers with entire districts driving suv's. Those same folks with med exceptions can be seen lifting weights at the gym and swinging golf clubs! I also agree with another poster about reps being able to pay for a different car, heck instead of monthly have em pay up front. Want an Escape? Pay us $2500 or so before delivery. If a rep quits and there are cuts the company doesn't loose money. Funny how that safety 360 lard ass talks about ergonomics. One car doesn't suit all, Merck fleet sucks azzzz!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so you are a spineless prick huh ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, not at all...but I'd suggest you find a mirror and take a nice long look at yourself if you really want to see one.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The alternative solution is to give field personnel a car allowance. Then you can drive whatever style you want. However, those reps who have worked in situations using a car allowance end up hating it. They end up not managing their budget well and find they would prefer to use up a car that belongs to the fleet company rather than one they are directly responsible for. It is a tradeoff. I prefer the Merck system. It beats the alternative.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Safe to assume dufus found a mirror?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are not going to need that special, free car very much longer. Just about 63 days left until my investment dollars increase as it should.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My company car is a John Deere Tractor.
    Lots of Mowing to do on Merck Grounds

KGB

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know the half of it. How about the prego females getting a new SUV on demand?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why can't we get a back saving car before instead of after we suffer injury from all the bending and lifting we do getting supplies out of the trunks from standard cars?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From experience and multiple surgeries I can tell you why. Merck doesn't give a s*^t about you and could care less about your health. When your back/spine starts acting up, you will be in the spotlight for replacement once the manager recognizes that you are not going to be able to carry your load without some type of accommodations. Of course when you are terminated, Merck will wish you well.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh! Those samples are real heavy! You knew what was required when you accepted the job.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not the samples that people with back issues should worry about. It is all the ROME shipments that end up on the doorstep. Talk about strength training. These things are bad even when the boxes are still in tact. My favorite is when the boxes are not balanced when packed so you pick it up and something slides inside and the box falls out of your hands. Funny how they never show literature shipments on the 360 safety training videos. Be well.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor little baby!