July 2015

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There seems to be a lot of chatter on CP regarding layoffs at MRK coming this July.

Okay, so time to put up or shut up.

If you know specifics, please let us know. Which departments or divisions are going to be cut?

If layoffs are coming to the field, which divisions? Hospital? Primary Care?, Women's Health?

What are the percentages or headcount numbers being discussed?

No matter what, once July comes and goes, we will see how accurate CP is for predicting facts or just a sensational rumor board that people use to cause fear and anxiety.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finance will take a hit this year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tune into "Crystal Ball Predictions."

A regularly scheduled new broadcast!
    New features are being planned...all live, in HD, living color!

Sure to please those who want to read the latest and greatest news about star performances and those nips, tucks and the facelifts still being hidden in the wings!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Begging for info again ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone at HQ know about this July info, or is it just more BS from a troll?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs start 3/5/15

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guessed it! B.S. From the low life..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just confirmed July with our DCO. He told me I'm safe so you should call yours and ask him or her.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were told the truth you are one of the lucky ones. The downsizing selections are already made for the July action.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks! Good luck to you too!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No DCO is going to share this information, even if they have it, which they do not. Last time around the DCOs heard about a week before managers, via a call with the VP of the COG. then managers heard one day before reps.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's bullshit^^^ the DCOs are well aware of layoffs coming in July right now! Its The Managers That Haven Been Told yet

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At this point there may be general discussions about changes.
    But who & the exact numbers are NEVER laid out 6 months ahead, once they decide it happens much quicker, like within 30 days.

This is just another troll. Let me give you a clue about big pharma.

The beatings will continue until only contract reps are left!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up Wyeth troll

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Asymmetrical Deployment " aka layoffs coming soon!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But I thought the asymmetrical deployment already started on January 1st? Don't think that has anything to do with the layoffs.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Significant layoffs in IT occurred during January 2015. Many IT jobs are being sent to Prague. The next wave of IT layoffs are expected in early 3Q2015.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd quarter should be really interesting. any predictions for the next 90 days?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former merckie here...

Could someone explain the format of these layoffs to me?

Is there a single person sort of overseeing these decisions, or is each dept. (ie sales,IT,etc.) simply told they have to cut X number of people? Who is the architect of this thing? I know some areas that could use some pruning that don't involve the sales force.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely run by an outside independent consulting group with financial directives internally. Cut numbers matched to financial goals. The outside group shields Merck legally.