Forest/Avantis advice in Eastern PA

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of applying to Avantis/Forest but from reading these boards it makes me skeptical that this would be a good move. My concern is all the negative comments I hear on the forum that reminds me of where I work now (tons of politics, micromanagement etc...). Prior to this I was very excited to apply as I have a very strong resume and experiences in B2B and this would be my first crack at breaking into medical sales. I have also done some research and Avantis seems like a very solid company. Does anyone have insight into the Eastern PA offices- do they have the same issues as other Forest locations bought by Avantis?

Or should I ignore the forum rabble and give it a try? Part of me feels if I work hard I will succeed like I always have in the past and the rabble might be attributed to 'haters'. On the other hand i would rather not trade one bad scenario for another.

Thanks everyone for the advice it is much appreciated!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, use rabble correctly in a sentence. That proves you are an idiot. Stay where you are successful B2B person until you get a clue of the name of the company. Hey you big dummy, since when would this be medical sales? Lastly Einstein, what does it matter if the company is located in the East? This has to be a joke or, several people wrote this because there is no way one person could possibly be this ignorant all by themself.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you would be a great addition. Just the kind of hard charger needed. You've done a great job researching the company and it shows! Welcome to Avantis!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Thanks for the English lesson on rabble, glad we are in a forum where it really matters that much. ;)
    2. Avantis bought Forest hence using both company names (as it shows on the job post online)
    3. Last time I checked, Pharmaceutical sales sells to Doctors hence the broader term of 'Medical Industry'. Seems like you get awfully worked up over details. Breath slowly and count to 10 I promise you will be fine.
    4. I noticed location specific complaints on other posts and was checking to see if it was isolated to several branches or not.

I hope your evening gets better- I'm assuming either you had a rough day or you get kicks out of slamming people looking for help. Either way good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for nudging me in this direction, I spoke to a few others I know in Pharmaceutical sales and they all say the product pipeline is strong and that Avantis is a great place to work. Most likely I will be applying.

Thanks again

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what an idiot. Beware of overly confident, entitled jack asses

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya, you are right. I had a rough day working for Avantis. Reading your post made my day better. Time for toy to apologize you big dummy. By the way, medical and pharmaceutical sales are not the same. Jethro, you can't be that dumb.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aahhhhh, the hateful misdirected guidance given to those who want to break into Pharma sales by working here at Avantis. You my fool have strengthened us and now allow us to broaden our attacks not just against Avantis but also the insipid potential new hires that want to change this companies culture from one stinky sticky smelly broth of negativity into something remotely unpleasant, we will not have it!