R&D super short cubes

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His old company people were glad to see him go

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never trusted in Japan either they were also happy to get rid of him

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't work in that setting, it was a top factor in my decision to quit. It's on the extreme end of open office misery.some open offices are better than others. this was really, really bad

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they dont' have cubicles any more
    not short ones
    none

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the new R&D center on Lake Forest does not even have cubes? Just a bunch of crummy workstations?

I worked as a contractor at Alcon about 10 years ago and it was pretty tight an noisy but at least there were cubes. I've been thinking about applying but if they have gone to bullpens the NO THANKS!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, the switch to very open plan (Peter R.) so there would be team work and collaboration.... NOT ... PRM makes all decisions teams are not empowered unless there is a failure, then they are empowered to own that... PR and SM both need to go if there is any hope for R&D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? Who started spreading that rumor?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There IS no hope for Alcon R&D. It's too late. It's been driven into the ground

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, to be honest, they haven't really come up with anything to write home about lately. They just keep regurgitating Patanol, Systane, and Ciloxan. All the growth in Surgical has come from acquisitions.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any further update

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't rule it out. Novartis may still have everyone convert to the new shorter cubes, not limited to just R&D.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

R&D in general is a shitstorm. From the physical environment in FW to the God-awful R&D Head in Atl. I can't believe that guy hasn't had a lawsuit yet....just a matter of time. Maybe they're hoping to sell us off and let the next company deal with it/him.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be thankful you have a job.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How can R&D DO well with brainless leaders around!!!