TO: Jeff George; For Success in R&D you need a PhD

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2014 at 1:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i love the smell of revolution in the late evening hours :)

empathetic PhDs from within the company and across the world unite!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Message to Novartis - Spin off Alcon so I can short its shares!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a new hire with a 50k relocation locking me in for the next two years, I readily admit that this place is fucked for the time being, and my years of accomplishments will do nothing to change that. If nothing else, your HR dept are masters of the bait and switch. It's going to be a long ride down.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a new hire with a 50k relocation locking me in for the next two years, I readily admit that this place is fucked for the time being, and my years of accomplishments will do nothing to change that. If nothing else, your HR dept are masters of the bait and switch. It's going to be a long ride down.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should have done your homework...this place has been an utter disaster for the past 2 years...good luck I do feel for you....moving on myself to a place w a future ....in 20 years plus in business this is the worst run company I have ever encountered..leadership here or actually lack thereof is stunning

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell me about it.
    all these CxOs put on an decent acting show for that wonderful base salary and excessive incentive scheme.

it requires a selection towards sociopathy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Jerry Cagle used to sit at his office window at 8 a.m. every morning to note who was arriving at work late. Such a good use of his talents.

He was reluctant to let us have PCs in the 90s because he observed that people don't spend 100% of their workday actively engaged with a PC. Therefore, the PCs should be shared among 3-4 employees. True story. We didn't get email or access to the internet until 1999.

The R&D Christmas party used to be at lunchtime on a weekday at the Holiday Inn South. No dates. No booze. Meanwhile, marketing and finance had weekend shindigs at downtown hotels.

Yep. They really valued R&D back in the olden days.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no one cares

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear that Sabrina is no longer Chief Medical Officer? Catching wind of this rumor and was wondering if anyone else heard the same thing?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You missed the email. He announced it 2-3 weeks ago.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it matter? Isn't he still sitting on the ELT?