Stock purchase plan

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a little secret for you all...if you were trying to decide whether to hold or sell...holding is better. I thought it was strange that if you sold, shire wasn't going to pay you out til 11/29, wtf? So FYI if you held your shares, you could have sold it and got your money way before 11/29 and the stock price went higher even after 11/1!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a little secret...You are not real bright!
    You could have chosen not to sell and the stock could have gone down as well.
    You also then own it and are responsible for paying the fee's associated with selling.
    I am good with paying below market rate for a selling fee to have it put directly in my account for December.
    I had my planner check this out when I was hired. There is not a better ESPP out there than this one. This blows away what we had at Pfizer.
    I will take my close to 20K in 2 weeks- A great investment for something that is almost guaranteed a minimal of 15% return in one year.
    Why don't you complain about the choices of your free fleet vehicle or something?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ice up son!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ice up or nice up? I don't get ice up. Is it a northern thing?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoopee my fees were $20 and my shares sold for $36 instead of $33...do the math genius, that's $500 more. Plus taxes don't get taken out so you're not giving the irs and interest free loan and got the money 2 weeks earlier than you. You are so smart! Give yourself a big pat on the back Sherlock!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've held my shares and they have done great over the past years. You never know though with stocks, so anytime you sell and make money it's a win. Do what makes sense for you, and what you are comfortable with. Just remember, if you hold your shares over a year before you sell, it helps with the taxes on the gains. Currently I'm glad I have held mine, but now that I posted this, I'm sure something will happen and our stock will tank over night!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder what will happen to the stock price when RM tanks with an even worse sales drop?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd definitely consider holding most of your stock in this company, it's got a strong future ahead of it and should be a healthy contribution to your pension plan

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RM is gone. should have divested when it HAD a value.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an NFL thing - definitely not from the north.

#saintssuck