Any Primary Care reps get an Oncology Position?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A number of primary care reps interviewed for an Oncology sales position. I was one of them and was told during the interview that I wouldn't get the position because I lacked sales experience in Oncology. Not sure, why I was called in for an interview because they knew from my resume that I lacked this experience. Why waste my time and theirs. Locally a number of primary care reps interviewed but all were told on Wednesday or today they didn't receive the job because they lacked pay and bill experience. I also received an official call and was told the same thing, that I lacked pay and bill experience. Wow! I find it very interesting that everyone was told the same thing. I guess they would have sounded stupid if they told us all we didn't get the job because we lacked Oncology experience. No kidding! I wanted to know if any primary care rep nationwide received one of these positions. Anybody know of anyone? Or was this just a nice little message sent out by Riad to get our hopes up. I should have known better. Just wasted 2 weeks studying Oncology modules for the interview. Really disappointed at Merck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, in KC

You were told the same thing as the others because it's the HR way of lying and being nice to you instead of saying the truth which is the interviewer did not think you had what it takes. If it was as simple as "no experience" they wouldn't have given you a shot in the first place.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also,

"was told during the interview that I wouldn't get the position because I lacked sales experience in Oncology."

That's when you start selling to try and get the SALES job. It's a test and you failed. You should have explained what experience you do have in oncology or convince them you may not have experience but you can handle it because xxx. It would have been a great time to bring up the fact you studied modules for 2 weeks and you could have whipped out your 30/60/90 day plan as the new oncology rep and maybe showed some brag book stuff to remind them you have been successful in sales. Another tried and true response would have been to say you had no experience at whatever you are selling now but succeeded anyway and then back it up with brag book pages.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applied for a few oncology openings. I was displaced and have the oncology experience they were requesting. I did not even get an invitation to interview. Advanced Ed, medical background more than a decade of experience. Absolutely no reason why I was passed over. How can Pc being called?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PC has no background basis to qualify. Waste of time to interview.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep this in mind, anyone who brings out the falsified brag book gets booted out of my interview room immediately! PC reps have zero self generated sales.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am finding at least 1/3 of jobs are already taken at the time of interview....companies pad the interview schedule to fulfill some requirement. They waste everyone's time. This is industry wide.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Specialty rep with a few years experience in oncology. Was passed over for an interview. Was displaced and was hoping to get reinstated. Pretty strange not even an interview; very odd.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read my lips, we don't have room for quasi oncology reps. That is why you didn't get an interview. Move on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now hear this: All oncology reps were quasi at one time.
    Did you tell them all to move on after a few years?
    Experience is the name of the game.
    You have it or you don't.

PC reps without a year of specialty experience are being interviewed....and we all know about those notorious PC reps.

Wise up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed from outside your company..have heard nada..weird..not sure if it's because of the manager, the way your company is run..or that there are a ton of displaced reps who need the job. No matter to me which..but wish there was courtesy enough to let me know ...not a good feeling for this company when no one communicates anything..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably the manager. Managers at Merck are mostly thumbs down. 50% of those I've had were downright lousy people and totally crappy as managers. They had to have a Godfather or Fairy Queen somewhere to get a manager job. Bad news and tend to be braggarts. If you happen to be a man or woman they are sexist and they push their beliefs on you...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and what about the Cubist Deal?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now here this, we don't have time to baby sit you through a training program we need people ready to hit the ground running. Our oncology group, for the most part, has developed a through understanding of the market and science. To be fare and honest, there are at least a half dozen reps and at least one manager that should have been gone years ago.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, grow up.
    You have to know somebody!

It is not about what you know anymore in this world!

I know it sucks to hear that, but its the truth. Do you really love money that much to sell this nonsense? Cancer drugs don't work. Facts prove that. People, in fact, live less if they take chemo. and other drugs.

And the side effects of the seemingly innocent PC drugs should be a red flag to you as well.

Don't be blinded by cash all your life....a good living is a good thing...but when you are fleecing a gullible public that trusts doctors, then you are moving in a bad direction as a sales professional. Then again, pharmaceutical sales is not sales.

And yes, doctors are idiots and greedy jerks for the most part. If you have not figured that out, I feel sorry for you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the experience and was a displaced rep. I never even got an interview. Where are these interviews happening?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a Merck rep. Have the experience and know the offices. Why no interview is the million dollar question!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

drain baby drain

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gator swamp

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Undoubtedly, you have a bad reputation!