Seriously? You Hired Firuta?

Discussion in 'NPS Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2014 at 8:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you even bother to do a background check?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh come on, are you going to drop the other shoe or what??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You going to disparage every one that gets hired?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

America's #1 Leader in Biopharmaceuticals Sales & Marketing

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fistula was already taken

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's your beef with Firuta?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Epic mistake

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Firuta has been fairly successful

I've known firuta for years
    Whether you love him or not, Firuta is not all bad.
    He helped build a company that got sold.
    He helped grow another company that got sold for a good premium
    He understands how markets work
    He knows a leader can only be successful if his people are successful…hope he hasn't forgoten that 'cause I heard him say it
    He knows when to ask others and has proven he can listen
    Give the guy a chance

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Firuta has been fairly successful

I've known Firuta for approximately 5 years.
    He had nothing to do with Lev pharma's growth and it's acquisition by Viropharma. Lev didn't believe there was a market for Cinryze so they jumped at the chance to sell. Firuta's belief was no different.
    He stepped into a position at Viropharma in 2012 where Cinryze had already peaked. He came from ViroPharma's managed markets where the strategy in an orphan disease/drug market, and I kid you not, was to stay under the radar. His managed markets team in reality were patient advocates.
    He didn't understand the HAE market in that they were using forecasting data that wasn't vetted, in other words, it was an horrendous guess. The result was to expand the sales force 30% making it 50% greater than 3 other competitive companie's sales force. Keep in mind that Cinryze was only appropriate for 30% of the market. He only exceeded in growing his "empire" where sales were diluted to the expanded sales force.
    He was instrumental in firing all three original regional sales directors in 2012 and fired one of the refills. He fired them because they refused to fire their insubordinates he felt weren't performing (again, lack of market knowledge and leadership). How can a leader be successful if you keep firing them? He promoted a regional sales director to VP of sales who had spent the previous 9 years as a sales director only in name, over a half dozen reps selling wine.
    He doesn't listen very well. I've been in numerous meetings with him where he is essentially thinking what to say by the time five words have exited my mouth. I can literally see the wheels turning in his head - so he is not listening. His presentation skills in a large meeting are laughable. he likes to portray himself as a lucky country bumpkin and the truth of the matter is, he isn't kidding. When there was a 60% turnover in the sales force in 2012 he refused to listen why it was happening. He and the CEO copped the phrase, "Viropharma isn't for everyone," when they should have been realizing "Viropharma isn't for anyone." Testimony to this fact is 3 new hires in 4q2012 and 1q2013 quit within 4 months. I did give the guy a chance and I would never again.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Firuta has been fairly successful

Happy someone said it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow What a shame.
    That is a different side of the person I knew.
    I am sorry you had such a different experience…..FYI (he helped build and sell Orapharm….never meant to suggest he built or sold LEV).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold on here ! You are off base. He has shown personal interest in me and has helped me to improve my selling skills. I couldn't bridge to cross a river and now I'm prepared to cross like a MOFO. Personal attention, quality feedback, sincere interest. Thats leadership - your endless off base complaining = loser ship

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was him or some dude from pfizer. Who would you choose?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked with Firuta and found him to be a true professional. He is very sharp & personable. If you don't connect with Firuta, maybe there's something wrong with YOU!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Fritua!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wa Sup?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

soon enough there is not going to be anyone to complain about Firuta since everybody is leaving. Smart strategy to "eliminate" the problem.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree. So many are leaving and Firuta is in over his head. Not a solid leader to start a US company. And if the Natpara NSD is as incompetent as the Gattex NSD, well God save us all!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are people leaving. I was based up way back but it seemed like an interesting drug and a lot of dedicated folks on board. I was disappointed

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad forecasts. The reps made bonuses first year and now the drug is struggling in the second. My feeling is that they over estimated the disease state population and it looks like they are doing it on an even great scale with Natpara. They hired 35 reps for Gattex and 50 will be hired for Natpara. I think that is a serious misstep for this company. They will cash poor soon and as it is, they are ripe for acquisition which may be a good thing. Who knows? I just think the prospect of Endo being even worse then GI is a real possibility.