Investigation

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was notified a few days ago that an employee investigation was started againt me because of a couple of complaints filed by a few people. No one will tell me what the complaints are about or who filed them. I was told to stay home. And that I was on leave until the matter was settled. I have no idea what's going on. Any suggestions?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful and admit to nothing. You're not entitled to a fair investigation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like your counterparts just threw you under the bus! Better dust off the resume...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck. Yes, it is likely that a counterpart or pod member threw you under the bus. Since you don't know - trust no one. Do not discuss it. Here are a few things you need to do NOW. While you still have access to your computer BACK UP EVERYTHING. Google how to save email .pst file. Save sales reports, team correspondence everything. Most importantly, the easiest thing to bounce anyone for is call falsification. The good thing for you is, EVERYONE does it. I don't know what call recording system you guys at Janssen use, but if there is anyway to pull your counterparts calls or schedule, do it. Print and save. There is a call there, somewhere, that one of them made on a doc that was on vacation that day. When and if you get called in, if you show up with stacks of reports, all with yellow highlighted notes detailing that everyone on your team made the same "unintentional oversight." You are now in a better position. Even if that is not what they are coming after you for, it will show them you are not going quietly. But as the other person said earlier - ADMIT NOTHING.

If you really know you screwed up and it is a lost cause. Here are two things to do, not for everyone. They will call you to meet at a hotel - that's the kiss of death btw. On the way, sideswipe a guardrail, back into a telephone pole, whatever. Don't get hurt. But call in accident, seek treatment for injuries and go out on disability while you search for a job. Or, right now, get off of Cafepharma and go to your doctor. Tell him you are incredibly stressed about work. Have him write scripts for Xanax and an ssri. Call hr and tell them you can't work under this pressure and you will be taking a short term leave. Right now you still have some power. Don't piss it away. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back in the day the "lost cause" would work - now, because we have all signed at will agreements, they can fire you while you are on medical leave via FedEx citing any number of reasons.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even though employment is "at-will" an employer can still face wrongful termination litigation. Most employers, when faced with serious allegations against an employee conduct an internal investigation - generally by untrained and uneducated HR staff. Its hard for an employee to defend himself/herself when they get called in for an interview because most of the time, they don't know the allegation(s) until they appear for an interview. Also, companies know that the FDA keeps a watchful eye over serious misconduct issues.

Good luck! Hope it all works out for you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you need to print off all field ride reports, reviews and sales reports. Do not discuss with anyone and definitely DO NOT ADMIT TO ANYTHING!! Get all the info you can retrieve backed up. Business plans, contacts in email, everything because it will be cut off abruptly. If your manager won't answer your calls or texts, you are DONE. Make sure you get everything you can while you still can.

Good Luck...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are always people who are so immersed in the company Kool-Aid that they feel it is their duty to call HR about any little thing that bothers them. Whomever called HR probably knew that you had dirt on them and they made the call first to get you out before you could solidify you case of their impropriety... That person sure elevated their stock by taking you down. Must be nice to play moral judge and jury full well knowing that they may be ruining your career, jeopardizing your financial stability, sabotaging your reputation, putting stress on your relationships with your family.... Shame on whomever called HR before contacting you about the situation! Morally bankrupt person in my opinion.

I wish you well and hope things work out for you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a person like that in every region. They are the ones who hear a moderately good idea at a pod meeting and then send out a best practice email to the district as if it were their own. They are the ones who over share all their teammates secrets to the manager during ride alongs. This is all to position themselves as either harder working or more valuable. It's twisted. The self serving cunt who did me like that was eventually named as my mentor. Laughable. She was a huge slacker who worked little more than 10 hours a week in a few large volume accounts but man she played the game.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure that's what happened to me. I have to report to HR Monday.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please share what happened and they talk about a Credo.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck tomorrow - hoping that whatever it is won't be as serious, and that you can get away with a warning in your file.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are part of Janssen, then contact a lawyer for advise. They should be able to advise free of charge, initially.

If you are contract, and the Janssen folks just don't want you on the contract, then volunteer to move to another contract if your contract company will help you to get there. Tell them that you are doing your best given whatever circumstances that you are facing wherever you are at.

Teammates are always throwing each other under the bus. Why they are called teammates, I will never understand. They are on their own team. An n of 1.

Good luck, and post your update.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP-I was asked to return Wednesday with some records about calls I made. One of the allegations was that I filed false reports, which is not true. The grilled me for 4 hours about details of things I consider private. There were allegations about drug use and drinking during work hours (I don't drink or do drugs-ever) and other things about my personal life that don't concern work.

I'm not going to resign because I did nothing wrong.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, that's crazy!

Well, now you know that someone on your "team" has it out for you. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it is.

Here's hoping you retain your job, get out of this unscathed, and get a chance to tell that squealing f*cker about his/her ass.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you contract or Janssen? You have different rights and ways to follow up.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP- Janssen employee. After 4 hours of additional questioning by 2 human resources managers that included a detailed review of all my daily work activities, I was told to go home and that I was still on leave until a decision about my employment is made. I know who complained about me and I was instructed to have no contact with her. In the end the truth will be known.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so why is she pissed at you? did you pound her good and never return her calls?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is stupid that janssen can even do this to you. They run this place like Nazi Germany.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP- last night my manager emailed and told me that I was being terminated. No reason was provided. Two co workers conspired against me and made up lies about my personal life and my conduct at work. They used the company's hotline to report me. That way they didn't have to disclose their identity. I have no idea why they did this to me. I never did anything to them. I did my job well and was one of the top performers in the region. I never broke a rule, regulation or policy.

The so-called investigation was a sham. I never was told the precise allegations against me and had no opportunity to defend myself against the lies.

Be warned. This could happen to anyone.