Medimmune Job

Discussion in 'MedImmune' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2014 at 8:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

Looks like lot of folks here are from Pharma companies, which is very good.

I am an academic and trying my luck in industry. I am from Cambridge University, a protein biochemist (PhD) and immunologist (post-phd). I applied for Protein Purification Development - R&D Associate II/ Associate Scientist I - 8701 job at Medimmune recently, and I was not even short-listed (Just saw rejection e-mail).

Wondering, how things work in industry. I am sure I have more than enough experience what this position needed.

Any body could share a tip.

cheers

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why dont you see who you know at the Medi site in Cambridge ? Asking them to coffee would be your first step to getting a job......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away from this crap.
    Its a very, very, very, corrupt industry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

over-qualified for the level of position. Associate would be more new graduate level

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

going for a lower level job is a good idea. the egos here at Medi Cambridge are immense - mostly remnants from the once proud CAT team. No drugs from Medi have come to market since AZ bot the s**thole.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hate to break it to you, OP will fit right into any fraudulent and unethical world. Person sold out their PhD to do dog research for any competitor a long time ago...the first post in this thread reads verbatim of one of their "approaches" used to start a conversation with anyone qualified. All well rehearsed. They go wide, then go narrow for specifics, then wide and move on with your stolen insight