STOP THE EXCESSIVE FIELD RIDES

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been told by several of my customers lately they are tired of me bringing my manager in with me so often. I have my manager every 3 or 4 weeks, and it is TOO much. Amgen needs to STOP with this practice. It is backfiring. We don't need babysitting. Does everyone else's manager ride with him/her so often. It's ridiculous. I've never seen anything like it, and it gets WORSE!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is that Amgen believes the correct ratio of DM/rep is 8-9. This is absolutely ridiculous. In this environment, these managers should be managing 13-16 people.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The other issue is the unnecessary KAM positions. A BSR should be capable of having these discussions. If they are not, they should be canned. Simple solution is cut down on the management team and get rid of the KAMs. They don't serve a purpose.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DMs are like Boxtrolls running around yelling "Business as usual" "keep focused on your work" as rudderless creatures waiting to get smashed in Bob's gauntlet on 10/21.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only in Pharma will you see a "Manager" do excessive field rides, create no individual geographic sales plan (either they don't know how to or the RD is a cookie-cutter and one-size fits all - based on the mothership's direction) and will brow beat their team in hopes of raising share. This a big reason why those outside the industry don't put a lot of stock in Pharma as real "sales" organizations, but only promotional tools with narrowly defined, actionable thinking. Let's face it, Amgen is a shell of it's former, industry-leading self and the DMs are proof of that fact. No where else but Pharma (Amgen) will you see a position of authority (DM and above) never carry a bag or have selling experience in the TA they oversee. It's sort of crazy...