Recruiters are STARVING right now!!

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Comp - Gen Discussion |Pharma Sales' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like Gaber, she has a few really quality people working for her.
    What's hurting recruiters is LinkedIn and other inside sources- not to mention a shrinking industry.
    Recruiters are still needed though. All candidates are not on LinkedIn and recruiters should know ideal fits. Perhaps recruiters need to build better relationships with candidates instead of turn and burn?
    Fact is, recruiters have to work harder now then they used to

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

empty web sites, no position specifics, only "screening" at this time, multiple specific questions within a ton of nonsence; all combined, smells bad

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, for commercial companies in medical sales, things look and smell bad. We're in a dying industry and its time for recruiters and sales people to look elsewhere. The gravy train has ended

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even our beloved CafePharma will end. Good bye commercial companies. No longer needed in the era ObamaCare

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that September 15th has come and gone and your income from selling compound creams has virtually been cut in half if your lucky, you may be wondering what am I going to do now? If you have your relationships already in place with Pain Management docs, then getting their Toxicology business should be an easy sell. Toxicology sales is an easy way to keep the dollars flowing in.

We have nationwide opportunities for the right people with a very gernerous commission schedule. If you would like to find out some more information...fax your resume to 410-630-7266.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gravy train ended a while ago for most. many of us are making a lot less than prior gigs. Feel your sentiment for recruiters and others worth their weight. Concern is with the cows making bank as "consultants" posing as recruiters or job seekers to leech off the rest of us as we attempt to figure where to place the future of our careers. No respect for the jerks that profit off of whats left of these companies and the fat that they still pay these con artist to prepare Competitive intel reports. Leeches suck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.
    I am a hiring manager also but use a great recruiter. My recruiter will give me great sales performers while my internal recruiters give me the ones who have been laid off three times.
    What you have to understand is that the recruiting business is not driven by the candidates. It's driven by the companies hiring the recruiter. A good recruiter places around 100 calls per day networking and finding candidates. They can't possibly keep up with the status of every resume they receive. People call and want to know where they are in the process, sometimes every day! if a recruiter returns all these calls then they would do nothing else. NO NEWS IS NO NEWS!

Additionally your Internal recruiters and HR managers are far worse at not returning calls than private recruiters. They never return calls and usually do very little networking and thus produce low quality results.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen the opposite. I find better talent on LinkedIn than what is in the rolodex of the recruiter. Fact is, the recruiters have to get better then Linkedin

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to call at least 50 times a day to each recruiter. When they get tired of it they will get you hired.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be aware of who you spend your time with when it comes to recruiters. If they have no specifics on a position, if they have no specific information of companies they are filling positions for now, or specific examples of placements and REAL companies they have placed with in the past, do not waste a moment of your time. Be selective.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we should give a d@mn about recruiters WHY?

They created their own mess, supporting a system that was unsustainable and destined to crash.

Most of them are useless. Good riddance.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My favorite is when a recruiter doesn't have a clue about the geography for their posting. For example....it's the Los Angeles area. Ok, well what exactly are the cities. Um well it's Pasadena, LA and Burbank. Ok, well I live in Manhattan Beach....it's a stretch but possible. Next, the phone screen with the HR person from the actual company. The territory turns out to be Pasadena out to Riverside up to Bakersfield and including Fresno. Really? Really?? recruiter please get your facts straight and look at a map. UGGG!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL.
    Recruiters are a strange bunch. It has always been that way. They could care less about the candidates and only care about the corporation.

Forget them all. Network with friends and family. Apply directly.

I can honestly say that I have met only 1 recruiter that was any good, out of about 100. Bad odds there.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best advise ever: network with family and friends and even friends of friends; apply directly. Scruitinze recruiters more closely than the credible recruiters scrutinize candidates.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you have never dealt with Len Faulkner out of SoCal then.

Horrible, the worst!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how bad is Len?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen, amen. Worthless parasites. Hope they all starve!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you know that recruiters are nothing more than idiots that can't find a real jobs. Total turds that deserve to be flushed off the face of the earth

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on now, that's more than a little harsh. Cannot use such a broad brush. there are direct hired recruiters that do a respectable job. The recruiters to be careful of are the types that have zero evidence of any specific position they are hirring directly for. I will never waste my time with any "screener" again. Pure bullshit.