Interview or not....

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck doesn't even want us to know how many reps there are, let alone everyone's sales. This sh!thole is the scummiest company of the industry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the need to know how many reps are out there? Why do we have to know everyone's sales except perhaps those in your own district/region for ranking purpose?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello??? Of course you need to know your exact rank in the field force. It is the most objective evidence of your performance, which is critical when interviewing with other companies. To be able to say, for example, "I was ranked #50 out of a sales force of 550", gives the hiring company a means to assess you, and compare you to the others they are interviewing.

Merck does not even disclose your rank number in the region. Have fun telling interviewers that you were ranked "in the middle" (which is where Merck puts so many of us). What does "in the middle" even mean, particularly when you don't even know the number of reps in a field force. Such a lame company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't make much clear at all and it's hurting those of us looking for work!

I remember one year when I was assigned some extra work for one of our VP winners reps. he was slipping so I had to help out. Yep he got the lift in numbers and the trip for the NRC mkt change. I received nothing. Not even a thanks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, for one, would like to know how many reps we had five or ten years ago relative to now. I'd bet we're down to 25%. That's demoralizing and the company knows it, so they keep it a secret.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

25% is not much.