Messaging Audit

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone experience this? An outside company (obviously paid by Merck) is riding with reps to "audit their messages" out in the field. Happened to a colleague...sounds really cool.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you need to worry about is the massage audit, where they look at expense reports for charges at New Tokyo and Wanda's Soft Touch, for all them happy endings.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a new Nigerian scam? How would it be legit if an outsider call you up, said I am paid by Merck to audit your messages? What kind of stupid rep would say "yes" without checking? Merck already has CTL to audit your messages and why an outsider?

Are you sure it is not a region director or someone from the HQ riding along? That happens a lot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My partner had a ride along with an outside source to check on Diabetes Franchise messaging last year. The rep should study the tactical/strategic/marketing plan and be able to recite it back to the auditor. Also, the details should be on point with patient types etc. He said the person quizzed him all day long on these things. He was one of a couple in the region.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had it too. I'm a cut rep who tried to explain the profiles to the person with me. Who was who. They seem to have some sort of notes on the reps. Wonder if it was another way they cut Whoever in marketing dreamed this up needs to be cut. Unbelievable because I had it all in black and white to explain it but she still did not seem pleased.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccine Division had something similar to this. Tested the rep's knowledge of messaging. 45 minutes of questioning. From rep all the way up to Director level. Quizzing on strategy. Like we're 18 year old college twirps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another activity once done by managers, now done by someone else. Ctl's/ DM's now officially do nothing. They should be scared witless.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, can someone please tell me how I can get one of these jobs? I'd hate to be a rep now but I was always a damn good auditor.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contracting out DMs role, makes sense, hire outside company to audit/coach/review whatever at 1/2 of DM, all other functions are just handled online..more ways to $ave.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy to have these. I think it's more BS that brings you one step closer to the exit door. Btw they hire people who have no idea about selling and what we really do! They learn as they go...wonder if they are toppling reps along the way!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh man..this is killing me if what you say is true. I'd be absolutely perfect for such a job. I do know selling and what reps really do by the way. Sounds like a great part time job to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the same as using an outside company to do the phone screening to avoid being sued for interviewing one candidate over another? This may be Merck's new legal strategy after you have been laid off and sue them. Merck can claim even an independent agency concurs, after a field visit audit, that you are below standard. It definitely will make it harder for the laid-off rep to sue.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tactic representing deeper and deeper cuts. Remove mangers and their transparent bias from the equation. Two birds with one stone. Independent audits used against reps, auditors do the job that mangers used to do. If you are in sales or a manger your job now has a very near expiration date.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes but the process is flawed. Grossly flawed. My auditor had no resume as a rep, being in pharma or as an experienced auditor. Sure all my initial explanation was for nothing. I was expected to burst into a canned stiff and rehearsed demo - a show that my docs would have rejected and bucked in a heartbeat! Dont waste your time or dime Merck. The process was obviously a way for this company to make a quick cash. If you hire experienced reps who have sold for at least 5 or 10 years there should be no need for this idiotic folly. Want to learn if messages are working? Ask for feedback from experienced reps! Don't ask people without any knowledge to judge your ability to do the job!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suspect that wasn't the point. It was " form over function", " sentence over substance".
    Then Merck can point to an " objective auditor" as the reason for a decimation of the salesforce. Look for the results when they are announced. It'll sound something like this:" Based on the results of an independent, objective, highly scientific audit of the sales force, it has been determined that..." Doesn't matter what the process was, the audit has already been pre-determined to conclude what Merck wants it to conclude.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's rewind. My take is managers probably put the names in the hat for entering this audit. Bottom line is if they want to cut people they will do it and wear a cool pair of incognito shades!

VP LERs used as a marker then pick others compared? Sounds like an easy way to make the cutting go smooth and easy!

BTW. Did the CTLs get a chance to dance for the auditor?

Now that would have been a show!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could all these a byproduct of the old Merck way in terrorizing a rep with PIP into leaving? It was very illegal and fuzzy. Merck probably has been sued and some former reps have settled? This would be an extra layer of defense to justify why you deserve to be a goner.

The other poster is correct. You have to be selected by your CTL to participate in this exercise. Either you have made the list of the most brilliant reps in the region, or the list of reps to be let go in the future.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got it! I know an recent exit rep who was put out to pasture very prematurely. They got screwed. They filled the number needed and took the fall to preserve the place of an old boy clubber. Most of us on the team saw it from day one. Sorry to say some CTLs will do dirty work. Some make it clear that buds are all that matters and if you are tripped up, set up and pushed out it's too bad for you, the bud comes first. Ethics anyone? Some lack it in a big way.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all
    I would not let the auditor into car. I would do what ever it takes to keep them out of my business quit being sheep and at least fight or raise the tension level so management would stop and think what they are doing

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is absolutely no excuse on this kind of BS. Managers of this calibre do not belong in management. They need to rectify the damage they've done to the innocent party. Day one starting with reversing how they may have "screwed" someone. Having these types slip through into management is a major blemish on the company.