FACTS (if any) about layoffs- post here

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

facts only please.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact, I've been holding on to this bottle of whiskey since I found out.
    Fact, I've had some beers too.
    Fact, IT, R&D, Engineering, Legal, North America, Communications are affected
    Fact, the severance package mentioned in the May 15 thread is accurate.
    That's all I've got for facts. I'm drunk and I'm not finding reasons to show up before my meeting. I could ask about the insurance and shit here but I'll, find out from HR tomorrow. Good luck to everyone. Peace out, bitches.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact, Sabri made 3.5 million dollars in 2010....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact, he has terrible aim. He threw something at his admin, and missed. Still got the company sued.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Confirmed 92 in R&D.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

92 from R&D worldwide, in US, or in FTW?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the 92?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think US. It was said by Sabri but it's not like they listed who
    It is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were told 262 from home office. All layoff are complete for now. I'm sure Sales still has it coming

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FW

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing tomorrow???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. HR has the big conference rooms booked until Friday at 6:00, but our VP said everyone who is being let go this time has already had their sit-down with management and HR, so we could all go home tonight and rest easy. Guess we're safe for another six months or so.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody with a brain is looking for a new job

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then how are they coming up with 92 people from R&D if everyone is already gone? It was probably only half that number today.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was affected by Alcon layoff announcement? I heard 800 laidoff but don't know any details. Is it the FTW campus?

-Concerned former employee cut April 2013 when they shuttered FTW research site and laid off 120.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

800 globally...300 or so in FTW...that 262 is bs...they are not counting people they got for
    "performance"

they European hits will be spread out over months as they have to work through the unions and work councils

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon R&D Irvine California got hit with 19 full time employees. The 260 is North America layoffs (couple plant closures). 92 of them were R&D North America.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, FW IT was hit pretty hard as well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7 people lost their job in Huntington. I think my manager said 270 total company wide in his meeting. Will hear from the plant manager tomorrow.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

California is having their meeting at 10am tomorrow. I'm sure it's just more of the same old stuff.