Possible hire- be nice

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading the past year's worth of post its clear that CP is used to air everyones laundry, stir the pot and complain. That is to be expected from an anonymous thread. As a candidate for your expansion into Wisconsin I do have some questions...

If I am picking up on your acronyms correctly your RDs are your direct supervisors and having a non-douche as an RD is pivotal for your sanity. Is JO going to be the RD or ZD for Wisconsin? Is this person, or who ever takes the ZD RD jobs in Wisconsin, ok to work for?

As I stated above, its clear that this thread is dedicated to more of the negative aspects of the gig and bitching about/with shire reps and identifying RDs and Shire reps. What are some of the positive aspect of working for Supernus? What kinda of hours are you working during the average week/ non-ride alongs?

How is business? The recruiter told me you are ready to launch a few new products. Your thoughts? Your stock price is rising. That's a good sign right?

What'll it be like to sell pharma in Wisconsin? Is Wisco a good state to be selling Pharma?

Thanks in advance!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wisconsin can be tough but except for Texas, Carolina's, Indiana, Florida and New Jersey they all can be tough. This company is outstanding and I am proud to be a part of it. I do find it highly unusual you came to cafe pharma to get info. I never heard of CP till I became a rep. From the top down this company truly is an amazing place to work. Typical work day runs 8-5. RDs travel with reps very frequently but they just sit back and coach so it's not a lot of pressure when they are with you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I googled a couple of your drug names and CP was one of the top results. I then got sucked into reading the sob stories and freak-outs.

Every sales job can be demanding. They all have their highs and lows. Over all what do you think? How is business? What's your average sales call like? Are you doing a ton of cold calls? Are the bonus objectives fairly achievable?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting that the previous post is assuming areas that are "easier." Is it maybe because the top sales representatives are from those states? I highly disagree that those are any easier than the rest of the nation. Nationwide each state faces similar challenges, that's why they hire sales reps to over come and succeed them. Supernus is one of the best pharma companies you could work for. From the top down every person is working towards the same goal, growth. Unlinke other pharma front office, the executives are always involved in what's going on in the field. They are always changing the messaging or strategy for the companies best interest.

The first two products are absolutely the two best medications launched in the epilepsy space in the past 5 years. The pipeline is even more exciting. Once you've done your job and figured out ways to make the conversion from old effective treatments into new and improved treatments as easy as possible, the doctors are excited to see you opposed to hiding in the back to avoid another rambling message on a drug that shouldn't have been launched in the first place.

Changing careers is freightening but I assure you with confidence you will love working for Supernus.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^This is the funniest post I have read on cp so far.... Even if you chugged the whole bottle, you still couldn't finish drinking the corporate juice! We must have this as our opening statement at a POA!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't do it... that's all I can say

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stock price went up but when the competition hit the market it has done nothing but gone down... the rds are micro managing... the meds that are in the pipeline won't be here until at least 2016

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first paragraph on this statement is flat out ridiculous...
    Here is the honest truth. It's possible to have success outside of those select few states. However, prepare yourself to witness the same states have multiple reps at or near the top. When certain reps can walk into an office and literally ask for patients on Medicaid, you're out gunned when it comes to being compared to your peers. Like I said, it's possible to be successful in other states but it's much more difficult, and in Wisconsin you will definitely have to learn to play a different game than some of the southern states. You will make decent money, but just know that other reps are going to make way more. Cost of living in Wisconsin is cheap so I think you can live with it. IF you can live with it...welcome to Supernus.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the negative posts are from reps who came in and just expected to be in an adderall XR situation and make a TON of money with little work. The truth as you can imagine OP is somewhere in the middle. Work flex ability is great, days are short compared to many fields, and pay is good, and can be great. Supernus is a company that HAS a pipeline, which many companies don't have at all, not to mention, the company is always looking at the possibility of buying if a product is good.

You guys are also over analyzing the stock. People freaking out are young, inexperienced people that expect stock to go into Apple status when we JUST recently posted positive numbers. So again to OP, it's something you will just have to make a judgement call on. I have never regretted it, plus it's not like you are stuck here forever if you don't like it

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like any of the reps knew about the adderall XR success to gauge. You hired inexperienced reps for a reason, seasoned reps would have laughed their asses off over the pay and how we target. Without new information targets aren't going to magically blow up. Pitching the same message since launch with no coverage improvements and you expect different results??? Get your head out of your ass.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then quit! Since it's so bad, please, take your talents elsewhere! I am sure you are a top performer and will greatly be missed!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have described the rep job at every company. None of that is unique to Supernus. The problem in the equation is YOU. Even in a difficult state, if you have talent and go to work you will make money and have a lot of great benefits too. Maybe this isn't the right INDUSTRY for you regardless of company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol then stop expecting Adderall XR results

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Upsher thinks I am performing at a high level in my state. Should I take the $18k raise in base?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If upsher thinks you are a performer, that must mean you have five or six prescriptions.

You would be doing good to get out and take the raise because you won't get a significant one there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think you will enjoy waiting for doctors outside of their offices in parking lots, it's a great job for you... It's my understanding that Wisconsin and other northern states are horrible at access so be prepared to do whatever means possible to see doctors

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

supernus is a place to start, but not a place to move. they speak of a pipeline which is nothing more than a generic patent extension by way of mode of delivery. i can't think of one doctor who can respect a company that forces a patient to pay branded costs on a new delivery system, which by the way, is not novel. if you are desperate for a job, go ahead and take it, but just know that it is career suicide to have this joke company on your resume. most of us in the neurology space make fun of the reps from supernus because they are drinking too much koolaid

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lmao. If you enjoy your job and where you work you are drinking the Kool aid. Typical jaded pharma rep jargon. Just because you are miserable in your role doesn't make those who aren't laughable. Get a life (one that doesn't involve surfing competitors boards on anonymous sites).

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The FDA doesn't seem to share your opinion about the pipeline. They gave SPN810 fast track designation, but I guess you already knew that right? They prob hand that designation out to every unneeded drug and generic patent extension right?