Question about a former IBU employee

Discussion in 'UCB Pharma' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was trying to track down some of the Cimzia people and I realized that Joe M was gone (RBD from the East) . What is the story behind his exit?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MUCH better job with NPS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run into him frequently. He is very happy at NPS

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone with any talent has gotten out of the hell hole that is IBU. Thankless job, no managed markets coverage or support and clueless leadership from CEO on down.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the update. I heard he was let go from UCB. Why in the world would that have happened?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you asking? He was/is a nice man who is doing great at his new company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not contact him directly if your so curious? I'm sure he can be reached thru LinkedIn or call NPS.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He had one to many run ins with HR. Caught up with him, and BB was looking to put his own people into place.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And where is BB now?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone if finally telling this poster some of the truth. We all know JM was a "nice guy" but not the smoothest. And if anyone looks at the four month "gap" on his resume where he started his own consulting company (cough cough) and then immediately went to NPS you can do the may.

Again, think he is a nice enough guy but if you follow NPS you will see he is in over his head. Gattex took a HUGE hit this year. Tons of reps have left. And from what I hear of the Natpara strategy, they will likely launch that poorly under his guidance before they hand it over the the NSD for that product.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can do the "math" not may (typo)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Capgemini?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uhh, nps stock is up four fold from when he got there and Gattex is on pace to more than triple sales. Yeah, that's a pretty HUGE hit. Brilliant

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stock bump was based on potential of Natpara approval. I think losing a quarter of your sales force the year after launch is a red flag.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's pretty obvious someone knows nothing about the circumstances of JM's departure from UCB. Further this person knows very little about NPS. Chances are its one of the MANY UCB IBU reps, managers and regional directors that sent resumes for both Gattex positions and Natpara positions who did not make the grade. Must have some kind of motive to bring up this topic 2+ years after the fact, which leads be to believe your feelings must still be hurt. Why don't you focus on trying to sell Cimzia? Oh that's right, you can't because you don't have payer coverage, or access, or IMS is always wrong, or whatever excuse you use to avoid being accountable for the fact you just aren't good enough.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that is funny. I am not even the original poster but now I have to jump in and say, "Okay Joe. Settle down". You can run, but you can't hide. We all know your story. And while you may be correct that a few would have liked to follow you when Gattex launched, most wouldn't go to NPS at this juncture so don't flatter yourself. We all moved on a long time ago to a better place. Now go put your big boy pants on and move along. Maybe we should move this post to the NPS board so they have some insight?