Insys subpoenaed over Subsys commercial practices

Discussion in 'Insys Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Sep 13, 2014 at 8:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sys subpoenaed over Subsys commercial practices

Sep 12 2014, 17:35 ET | About: Insys Therapeutics, Inc. (INSY) | By: Douglas W. House, SA News Editor Contact this editor with comments or a news tip
    On September 8, 2014 the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts issued a subpoena to Insys Therapeutics (INSY -3.6%) pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. The subpoena requested documents regarding Subsys, including the company's sales and marketing practices of the product.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this case below look familiar? This is what is coming for INSYS. Its just a matter of time.
    This case wasn't remotely as bad as INSYS. Cephalon wasn't "taking care" of their doctors the way INSYS does. Insys reps are living it up now, as they should, but corp is shizzing their pants. Half that amount of fine will crush INSYS. 90% OF INSYS scripts are written off label for non cancer diagnosis. Why would docs write a strong opiod like sub for back aches? For anyone that doesn't understand, the fine cephalon paid was due to off label promotion for ACTIQ which is also a fentanyl product like susbys. OIG and many states attorneys are currently talking to docs and sales reps for insys. When the government wants $$$, the government gets money!

The FDA approved Actiq, a fentanyl product manufactured as a lollipop, for use only in opioid-tolerant cancer patients (meaning those patients for whom morphine-based painkillers are no longer effective). The drug is a strong and highly addictive narcotic, with significant potential for abuse. From 2001 through at least 2006, Cephalon was allegedly promoting the drug for non-cancer patients to use for such maladies as migraines, sickle-cell pain crises, injuries, and in anticipation of changing wound dressings or radiation therapy. Cephalon also promoted Actiq for use in patients who were not yet opioid-tolerant, and for whom it could have life-threatening results.
    In a plea agreement with the United States, Cephalon agrees to pay $50 million to resolve this information, of which $40 million will be applied to a criminal fine, and $10 million will be applied as substitute assets to satisfy the forfeiture obligation.

In a separate civil settlement among Cephalon, the United States and various states, executed contemporaneously with this guilty plea agreement, Cephalon will pay $375 million, plus interest, to resolve False Claims Act claims by the United States Medicaid and Medicare Trust Funds and other federal programs and agencies, including Tricare, the Federal Employees Health Benefit program, the Postal Worker’s Compensation Program, the Federal Employees Compensation Act Program, the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program, Department of Veterans Affairs, Defense Logistics Agency, Bureau of Prisons, and the Public Health Service Entities. The state Medicaid programs and the District of Columbia will share $116 million of the civil settlement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MORON! Fines are based and levied in line with the monies a company generates.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

go ask bac, jpm, etc about fines

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moron!
    Its not the amount of fine, its what happens to the sales of the drug after the government comes down on subsys and law firms join the fray. When fda tells insys they can ONLY sell to cancer patients, subsys sales are 1/10 of what they are now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As Jim Morrison once said, "this is the end..." Insys dug their own grave with MN and AB and their off-lable promotion.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone want to guess where AB worked before INSYS?
    How about Cephalon
    Coincidence?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG...
    This is Adeasha Bubnow. I work for the International Institute of sleep based out of Deerfield Beach Florida. Alec worked / partnered with G.B. And expanded the company from a 1 brick n mortor sleep lab to 9 labs. He was the director of business development. The company was named in 'sleep review 2011' as the top 5 sleep companies in the country. Prior to that je worked for Nation Wide laboratories. ( #1 independent dialysis company in the US. Do you research... the guy is gold. He is already rich from family money. He never had to work a day in his life, he works - because he is constantly being solicited. He was actually just offered a VP job for a start up company out of Connecticut. Get used to seeing A.B On cafe pharma for a long time. Company after company will pursue him..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try "Adeasha Bubnow" (LOL) with the bs disinformation.
    Alec worked for cepahlon and worked and was fired by Lilly for scam in florida with Walgreens to switch prozac patients over to weekly version of prozac because Prozac was going generic.. Just google it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is awesome. You make this guy famous likes he's a politician or something. He keeps getting promoted, obviously he's doing something right. Look up international institute of sleep, call the office and ask for "addie"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every great leader has experience severe turmoil. They are risk takers, they put it all on the line for the love of the game. A.B is well on his way to even greater things. If you have never been part of any controversy, I can guarantee you that you won't ever experience the type of success A.B has already! Keep putting him down, and he will rise with each and every desperate attempt from those who only wish they could be mentioned - just once...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Follow the case... eli lilly was exonerated by a judge for no wrong doing. The program was established by T.R. Who is now chief commercial officer at spectrum and prior to the VP at amgen. It was a mail order program and judge ruled no laws were broken due to fact that it's a federal offense to open any mail not addressed to the specific person. All current and former employees were also exonerated. Those who succeeded in carrying out the companies direction to implement program now all hold executive positions in the industry. You of course, are doing NOTHING as usual.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! I was one of A.B.'s counterparts with Lilly. I came over from Merck for being fired over a miscount in samples for god sakes, that's what a joke this industry is. I actually pulled the Walgreens part together - as instructed by senior management. A.B. never waivered, never said a word, never blew the whistle on any one ( including me or his manager). He prevented me from getting fired again on my first week on the new job with lilly. Guess where I work now? Im with Cephalon going on 10 yrs now. A.B. found me a job there after Lilly did a ton of layoffs. A.B. is a true man. I believe lilly turned him from a boy into a man, and was actually the launching pad to all of his success. Its typically one incident that can be the defining moment in a person. A.B. has and will never waiver!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol.. ok! You still work for Cephalon after 10 years? BS! Cephalon was bought by Teva 3 years ago. There is no Cephalon.
    We love all your "replies" Alec. Keep up the good work defending yourself anonymously. Lilly was not exonerated for the mail scam and they did fire you and others for the scam in Florida.
    After the OIG, multiple states attorneys and hungry lawyers take subsys down, I hope you have your bailout prepared because its coming. Soon. We have already heard from multiple docs being investigated for some very nasty rumors. Better check your employees. $150,000.00 bonus payouts are nice but whistle blowing pays a lot more. Corruption never pays for long.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think Alec has the time to post replies on this pathetic forum? I don't think so haters. Newsflash - he's out far numbered by admirers than jealous cowardly haters. I don't see any Insys people on here throwing out names and bogus accusations. Reading this nonsense makes me happy to be a part of Insys - I obviously work for people with CLASS.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haters - Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success!

Alec - per the U.D., Alec, is generally characterized as a person who can take any argument, no matter how sound it may appear to be, and pick it apart piece by piece while offering large amounts of evidence to the contrary of the target argument, effectively forcing the opponent to realize he's a complete idiot. An Alec will also mix in various subtle yet sharp insults, humorous wit, and a devastating amount of logical reasoning to add salt to the wound. The Alec personality is usually well liked and honored in the community for their intelligence, clever wit, wisdom, and strong fighting capabilities, even by those who are unlucky enough to be the butt of his assault. I'm certain this where the name "Smart Alec" was derived.

But what do I know? I'm just a former ballerina and taco bell employee with my MBA currently working at Insys.........

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked with Alec a few years ago and must agree he is a cool cat and a good business man. Someone made reference to him being "the most interesting man in the world" and had to laugh - it's so true. The guy has been through many challenges and tribulations in his life and yet he presses forward.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I were to list all the pharma companies "subpoenaed" in this post you ignorant people would fall asleep before the end. Do your homework people!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol Thanks Alec!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone dropped a dime on Alex, maybe the ex-marketing guys?