FACTS (if any) about layoffs- post here

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah that's why i referred to rd not money. Regardless of money...innovation is crap. The company's strategy is this. Point is taking ideas from other companies and finding workaround is not innovative... Say what u want about profit... Doesn't change the fact

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kate said our future is bright i doubt we have layoffs everything seems fine at our poa

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this what you want written on your tombstone?:

"Spent life selling me-too drugs or drugs pilfered from other innovators. Checked in self-respect, decency and morality at the door in order to make money. Deceived myself that my work was rewarding and meaningful. Did not add anything to society and took up space on the planet."

LEAVE.......!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kate also said raises/cost of
    Living adjustments are coming to 120 reps. Joke. That is less than 15 percent of the force and you will see minimal money. You all took the bait...feeling positive, feeling great change is coming to increase our finances. We are 50 million in the whole people. Alcon dangling a few hundred dollars over your head doesn't change the fact that we are underperforming for our shareholders. You may feel that all is good but it isn't.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

she puts on a good show then because our meeting has been nothing but positive and reassuring but i guess you never know whats going to come.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(1) she said 20%, not 120.
    (2) they did these about a year ago for some people and it was about a 10% increase, not a couple hundred dollars.
    (3) it's spelled "hole" not "whole"

Sorry but it's just difficult to take the opinion of someone seriously when they can't even get the basics correct.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You took the bait! It was corrected to be 12 to 15 percent of sales force. Good luck with that!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh this is such a joy to read!!! Wait for it, in December/January when you are still waiting for your goals AGAIN, and the pay raise helps you buy an extra gallon of milk!
    Anyone thinking everything is fine needs to open their eyes and look to the reality of what the industry does/is.

That's all, have a wonderful evening, and remember Kate and the RD team said 'It's all going to be just fine dear' sweet dreams :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that September 15th has come and gone and your income from selling compound creams has virtually been cut in half if your lucky, you may be wondering what am I going to do now? If you have your relationships already in place with Pain Management docs, then getting their Toxicology business should be an easy sell. Toxicology sales is an easy way to keep the dollars flowing in. Even if other areas of pharma sales are going through hard times Toxicology sales are just getting started.

We have nationwide opportunities for the right people with a very gernerous commission schedule. If you would like to find out some more information...fax your resume to 410-630-7266.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder US pharma is getting it's ass handed to it again...down 65 million vs projections..

Kate was nothing but positive and reassuing...hahahahahaha glad you are that naive....life is easier that way

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did that raise work out for you? Lol. Did you get zero or $100? And your right it isn't "whole" it is "hole" like in "you got fooled, a--hole"

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there will not be layoffs this fall!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes actually there are....absolutely no question about it

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard 100 next month

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, it turned out quite nicely. You must have missed the 10% part? I.e. 10x more than you get in your annual bump.

Also.... "You're" is what you were looking for there.

Keep complaining and worrying that something will happen all you want. I sleep just fine at night with how things are going.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try... I saw the spreadsheet. Nothing more than 1k handed out. Sweet dreams. Keep dreaming

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently you didn't see the right one.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"During the “rumored” layoffs (which happened, and my position was eliminated) in May, I was on Cafepharma trying to get more information on what groups are being affected. "

That's how they decide who to fire.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am telling you there will be no sales layoffs especially after the meeting we just had. why would they get everyone iPads if they were going to lay us off a month later??

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm telling you that you are 100% wrong and it is happening. Next month with structural changes as well...you are beyond naive if you think the POA matters in the least to the big picture...dont feel bad it is happening everywhere...Europe the US and more than one division