Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or perhaps a special, buy one get one free...l

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offer good through October 31. See Legal for details.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not that many are showing up to the office for Development. It's a ghost town. Everyone is working from home and applying to jobs. With the recent resignation in GMO, people aren't waiting around any longer. Expect more to leave later this month and into early October and not your run of the mill staff either.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All they ever did was spend money and not produce anything.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were making steps in the right direction. It takes years to get things through the mutli-phase approval process. Most of the people responsible for producing nothing worked there from 2008-2012 and most of that crowd has since long left. This newer crowd was more productive but had to deal with institutionalized messes and disaster legacies and ultimately ran out of time

Needless to say I am hearing the same thing. Give it 2-3 weeks maybe 4 and you're going to see many exits from that group.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's always the case isn't it? "We were changing things! It was turning around. Give us a little more time. Well, there ya go, pulled the plug and now we can never show you that we were right."

Let me guess, the new crew that VN brought over was the key to this new success?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Needless to say I am hearing the same thing. Give it 2-3 weeks maybe 4 and you're going to see many exits from that group.[/QUOTE]

I am sure that GSK trembles at the prospect.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure that GSK trembles at the prospect.[/QUOTE]

Oh the horror, the humanity!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that the agreement with GSK parents them from following VN.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the potential buyers for Holly Springs? Are there any? Who has put in a bid or at least come to tour the facility? I have heard rumors of Merck and Pfizer coming to tour, has anybody else heard anything? I am aware that nobody wants to acquire this burden.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It loses about $ 7 M per month. It's like a bleeding ulser.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flu is profitable, on average, but as a standalone busienss it it risky. 10 good years can be out weighted by one bad. Also, it takes a big busienss with other Tech Ops resources to peerage in the good years then in the bad it's even more important.

That is for egg based. Cell based? No one has ever demonstrated a successful business model and from the looks of things, Novartis will not demonstrate one. And it will be the opposite demonstration. With the huge losses that will inevitivey be due to HS, others will be dtp entires for years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I walked over in that area on Friday, there was hardly anyone in that office on either side. Ended up talking to a few people and they said the same, not many are coming in any longer as they are working from home.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet GSK is saying to themselves, "Uh oh. We are screwed. We lost all the talent we paid (nothing for)."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A complete misperception..., GSK is looking for staff having substantial vaccine experience, who they more likely will find in the European technical sites, namely Siena/Rosia, Liverpool and Marburg. All 3 sites are profitable to a varying degree. Contrarily, this by far is not the case for the NVx US sites. The only reason for being in the US is the market size (comparably very high prices) which due to ongoing changes in the healthcare system begins to decrease. Of course, GSK has an interest for a strong presence in the US market (as said in previous GSK-NVS townhalls), but this holds true for commercially active units only.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Siena / Rosia and Marburg profitable to some degree? How is that?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, GSK is hurting for vaccine technical expertise and will soak you all up. Come to momma little ones. I mean, isn't it obvious how much talent there is at those sites? Look at all the commercially relevant products that they have produced.

I think that you are correct, they will find about a dozen people at all 3 of those sites they will see as filing their needs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably this is a realistic scenario, ...in addition to the technical, lab and quality staff at these sites, who without any doubt will be kept.
    However, it also means that the vast majority of R&D, the global (GPTs) as well as the regional and local commercial functions very likely will be made redundant.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can bet on it! Majority will be gone and shortly after deal closes.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would bet on it, too.
    So, what will interest the majority of the folks here in Cafepharma: who is going to offer the severence packages, will it be NVx or will this be GSK?
    Has anyone any specific communication on this from HR or from senior leadership?