Are Doctors Paid To Prescribe

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try, Bucky. Every so often you come on here, decompensate for awhile, bridge to a "Obama is anti-healthcare", and close with a borderline racist rant.

We, our industry, brought this mess onto ourselves. Right here at Pfizer, we had our own RMs and GMs actively promoting drugs (IN WRITING, NO LESS) for indications for which the FDA had issued a "No go". We got caught paying off KOLs that help create standard of care treatment algorithms. How many times did we get caught fudging data or suppressing negative results from clinical trials? And lets not even go into the millions of dollar spent on ghost speaker programs coincidentally always conducted by each town's high writers?

You act as if the big bad guv'mint revenooers are stepping all over us without cause. We earned it.

Last point: there are plenty of websites where you can go and call people that look differently than you all the names you want. I beg you, please continue to go there. A lot of former Pfizer people are looking for work, and for some reason, the news of CP has leaked to non-pharma people. We really don't need people out there thinking that we are ALL juvenile, bitter, race name calling nincompoops.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its the politicians that get paid.

The FDA collects a fee to approve drugs, the FDA takes companies to court and levy fines, lobbyist pay thru various means senators, representatives, even the president to help us out, governors get money to keep us on formularies, to force minimum coverage rules, etc.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but you can't argue the fact that pfizer was the main reason changes came. Pfizer has been paying doctors for decades. How else can you explain some of your crappy drugs being blockbusters. Dr friends have told me how pfizer reps would manipulate the system. You can't claim to be better reps than what other companies have. I have worked with reps and DMs from pfizer and they sure were NOT anything special. By the way, I was offered a job with pfizer and turned it down. I didn't like the at all cost way of selling. Oh ya, they couldn't match my pay either.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you can't tell me are drugs were not great blockbusters.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We gave gift cards to Docs for prescription switches. My DM showed me how to expense it.