Beware loafers--- things will be very different

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard from a very good source, that not just reps but also DM's will be equipped with GPS systems that monitor when you leave, where you go and how long you are at each stop. People will be required to also file weekly reports or time cards. Discrepancies lead to probation. Multiple discrepancies will lead to termination. Bad news is this for all the loafing milfs who drop their kids off at day care at 9 and pick them up at three-- the standard work day requirement will be 8:30 to 5. This is bad news also for all the hypocritical DM's who meet their reps for lunch at 11 and bail out at 1 or two for conference calls. The party is over gang. The good news is that because of this there is less of a need for DM's and their cuts will be much more severe during the next go round. No more eight or nine rep districts.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where will they be putting the GPS? I know the computer is going to synch every 2 hours, but where is the GPS?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is about time that managers get held to a higher standard of work too. My manager does not even ride in the car with us. He drives his car behind us to calls for about 3 hrs and then leaves. Every time. He never ever works close to a full day with anyone on our team.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn. How impersonal is that? What a dork-ass DM. Most of the coaching occurs during the incidental conversations that go on in the car. Your DM is a loser! Missing coaching opportunities all over the place! Sounds like you are better off without him in the car.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My kids' school and my gym are all within my territory. I even run at mid morning in my territory. I also live within my territory. Nothing will change for me.I can get sigs from 8-5 and still have time for all school functions and daily workouts and errand running.This is a great job!! I love the pay and flexible hours. You just need to know how to work within the system.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GPS? Who cares? I have several offices where I bring "extras" from lunch and get 5 pm sigs all the time.I am usually on the way to the gym anyway at that time or off to the tennis courts. The docs know this all is a game anyway. They get samples and treats and I get a big arse paycheck and a 4 hour work day. This is the best career ever!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You bums will soon be out of jobs. You' re right. It is a game and the game is over. I was displaced and I am getting a nice fat severance. Unlike most of you bums that have ruined the reputation of the industry, I went to work everyday and gave it a full day. I am glad to hear that Pfizer is going to rid itself of all the human garbage like you people who think it is a game. I doubt if there are ten people in that stupid compnay that work a full 8:30 to five every day. That being said, there won't be any more cuts, you morons will all cut yourself by thinking you can continue to game the system.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't do too well,did you? I am a top performer and work 4 hours a day and have a second career. I pulled in $275,000 last year. Pfizer only cares about numbers and performance. I make Pfizer money and they in turn pay me very well. I live this career!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your a preformer all right. You "act" like you are doing something when you aren't really doing shit.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all Pfizer doesn't have a clue what constitutes "performance" at the rep or even the DM level that is why no performance metrics were included in the goofball evaluation system they used to determine who was kept. So to say they only care about performance shows just how ignorant you are about your company.

I think what Pfizer does care about at this point in time are people who are not going to get them sued, people who will help them fulfill their EEOC obligations and people who make managers feel good about themselves. To say they care about performance is ludicrous since they do not even know how to measure performance fairly and accurately. And they have pretty much admitted as such by doing away with the GAR.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be that as it may,I get paid a tremendous amount of money because I am the best at what I do and I make Pfizer more money in return. They know I am needed so they pay me well. Just because I can do this job in 4 hours a day M-Th and little to none on Friday doesn't mean I produce less. I am the best and am rewarded for it. Jealous?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best at what? Being a cocky bastard?

13. VOCS

VOCS Guest

You are so full of sh-t that we can smell you from here. For now on we'll call you SPANKY. You know why.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

275k? yeah, right... then you woke up. idiot.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard the same or similar rumors that the orginial poster alluded to. Not only will the computer note the time of the signature but management will be able to tell exactly where we are and how long we are there regardless if it is in the territory or not. If you are going to the gym in the middle of the day, that address will be noted, the location and the amount of time spent there. Bottom line, RM's and DM's will be able to make a few keystrokes and find out exactly where you were between 8:30 and five and how long you were there. Delusional clowns like the poster in the quote above ( I am the best at what I do) will be forced to work a fulltime job regardless of how good they are or how good they think they are.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're not going to have some chip installed in your car or computer, its in your phone.

have you ever wondered why Pfizer wanted you to turn over your cell number or get a number through their preferred cell company, Verizon. If Pfizer's paying the bill, they own your ass.

Blackberry's also have a GPS tracking option.

So nice to know the company trusts their reps.

Have fun kiddies.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that you Renee Britton?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weird.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am curious, if managers are able to track where we are and how long we are there, do the people on this board think most reps will start working full days, quit, or keep goofing off and risk losing their job.My guess is that most reps will work full days rather than risk looking for a job ( which is a full time job in itself, trust me). What do the rest of you think?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will continue to work 4 hour days but be very aware of my pattern of when I get sigs. I enjoy these flexible hours and will continue to produce but I never clocked in so to speak and never will. I make a very good income and am a top producer. Pfizer knows we don't work the hours but they do expect results. I produce results and love this gig.No better job in the world.