Thank you KK! Finally a fair appraisal process

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New appraisal based soley on performance! No more management favorites getting inflated reviews. They are now non biased and fair!
    Top 15% in numbers = CE
    Top 65% = CM
    Bottom 25% = CM, MS or PIP. Other metrics can only be used for those in this category in case numbers are not there because of special circumstance. But the highest they can get is a CM. No more MBO Bull.

Finally a fair and non political process that ALL RD's will follow to ensure a fair process across all regions and zones.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It should have always been that way. So many average reps with average results ended up with CE's previously because they spent more time doing busy work for RD's and kissing up instead of driving results. Shire lost so many great reps that finished near the top but ended up with poor ratings because their selling style or personality. In the end if it worked for the territory and the results were there they should have been rewarded.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where u get this info from?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the same except that only the top 10% eligible for CE. It's about time. CES method of issuing CE's was way to political. It was a popularity contest and had nothing to do with results. Which is 95% of our job. I am very happy to see Shire is moving back towards being a performance based company.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean a appraisal based on numbers and not who's butt you kissed? It makes too much sense. Will promotions be given the same way or would that be asking too much?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like this. Everyone is saying that KK is old school however I thInk she got this right. Shires old process was complicated with RD's collaborating on who they felt needed CE, CM etc. Leaving the outspoken influential RD's with mediocre results with tons of CE's and high performing less outspoken RD's with few if any. It became a slandering session that was not consistent accross regions or Zones. I wonder how much of this is ABBVie making the change versus Shire? Most companies do focus 90% on numbers in the appraisal department.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, right. More bullshit from the bullshitters. Only the dumb, stupid, naive truly believe this.
    Wait and see.....it is the SOS, different person, different day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's true. Conf call today. RD confirmed that end of year review is being pushed up and will be heavily weighted on numbers through Q3. They didn't say what heavily weighted meant but an odd coincidence that OP just posted this.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just hope it's done on a national level.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think all the regions are doing it this way. It was suggested but not mandatory. At least that is what I heard in July. Unless something changed I think it's up to each Zone or Region to implement.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. We already have inconsistencies across regions and zones on how reps are evaluated. If every RD is using a different process how does this change anything? It will be the same as every year. Rep A is ranked #30 and over 100% to plan and gets a CM while rep B is #110 98% to plan but gets a CE because RD fights harder than Rep A's RD or because they opted not to use the non required recommendations. Its all the same.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you giving KK credit for this change? We are going to be ABBVie next quarter. If anything the change is being implemented by them not her.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep! I already know I am getting a CE. My RD told me in bed last night. It was a MS but I got skills.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KK has not changed anything, P club is the same this year as ot was last year and merit increases will be weighted the same as last year, sh wanted to go to 90-10 but HR put that in the toilet

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean by 90-10? Meaning 90 would be eligible for merit increase and bottom 10 not?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RD confirmed today that end of the year appraisals would be weighted towards numbers and pushed up. They will only include Q1-Q3 numbers. They are concerned that by waiting until January like in the past...some people won't get a review. Strange thing to say after the announcement confirming everyone would have a job, Abbvie approved the expansion and that territory boarders would NOT be changing. Then why the rush to ensure everyone has a abbreviated appraisal? Are they expecting some won't be around in January or drastic changes would be happening? All seems a little off.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took you long enough to start asking the right questions. As soon as my RD said appraisals were moved up, I knew without a doubt that KK was full of it with her feel safe conference call. If PC club is not changing and merit increases were not changing then there is no reason to change the appraisal process. We could easily roll into Abbvies for next year.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did you hear that only Q3 numbers were going to be considered on year end?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't hear that from anyone. Bottom line is its BS like everything posted here. Year end reviews will be based on all 4 quarters like every year and will take place in January/Feb like every year. Weighed the same as every year.