MCC Transition rumors

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chirp, chirp, chirp....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bologna.....the bonuses went down but the retirement looks good but we will take a big fat one up the heinie on medical costs....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind the initial salary is only temporary, until the exhaustive analysis of staffing is done (by Bain Consulting). Those who do not get terminated will see their salaries align with existing Bayer staffing salaries, that may very well be less. Bayer typically has much less "title inflation" i.e. more education required for senior levels, not just years of service.

And must keep in mind, there is 14 billion that needs to be made up somewhere just to break even.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now now. Remember, don't engage in rumors. Just acknowledge the stress of the transition emotions, and practice good self care, and understand what you can change and what you can't control, and the benefits of the deal, and use a lot of vaseline when you are told to bend over.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors will take over whenever management don't provide important information when it is needed. Timing is critical. So far plenty of information on trivia "how will xyz computer system be handled... what about sick days...," but ZERO facts about who stays and who goes. Thats all that matters, will I have a job or not. If I'm going to be cut, when exactly so I can plan my next move and collect the severance. No hard feelings if you are transparent. These "leaders" can put an end to 100% of the rumors today if they want, but they don't care. Just a cost of business. Rumor on folks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base pay is the same but long term incentives, retirement, and healthcare all suck big time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

INITIAL base pay is the same. Stay tuned.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base pay is going to be the same in most instances - it isn't going to change. Word

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check back (if you are still employed by BAYER) after the new organizational structure is implemented with your base pay then.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously have not seen the email Bayer HR sent to MCC

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ooooohh, an email. You obviously have not seen the layoff plans that MCC executives presented to Bayer to seal the deal of 14 billion purchase.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perhaps you can enlighten us more on the layoff plans since you already know.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Close all sites except for NJ HQ. Only remaining employees senior executives (VP) Exec Directors/directors, who will outsourcing of all major functions, leaving a "virtual" company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After the information that trickled in this morning across the organization, it may well be true. Thank you for sharing.