Whats it like to work at DSI?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the interview process and want to know,(i am currently employed in pharma)
    how do you like the culture at DSI?
    do you think the base starting base salary is competitive?-im looking for 68
    whats training like ?
    are the products strong? cardio
    whats starting vacation package and company car?

I realize in these econonmic times we all our thankful for our jobs but I just want to make sure I am makeing the right decision to proceed in the process.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Culture is good, but depends on DM just like anywhere. U can get 68 if you are making 65 plus where you are at now. Products are good but main competitiors going generic in the next year and a half, gonna be a major problem without aquiring other companies, etc, so depends on where you are looking at making a move from. Not sure about car, there is an option for 3 or 4 types but you will most likely get the previous reps car, fusion, impala, etc. vacation is 12 days plus 6 personal days week off around end of year hope this helps

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If in the Midwest DO NOT do it. Diovan and Avapro go generic in about a year there will be layoff. Midwest is a mess. Red head in sansibelt pants running a micromanaged show. PIPs are SOP. Good Luck unless you are running from the law at your current company do not do it. Training is forever!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company is not so bad. Nice culture. Managed Market Team is great partners to help maintain access and pull through on sales. We are still doing well with generic Cozaar. We also are expending into oncology and have a good pipeline. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a lovefest here at dsi! We all get along and no one is mean to anyone. Leaders are great. Our dms are smart and caring. Salary is above the national average and hit my bonus every quarter. All in all - a wonderful place to work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is background check like? Do they verify start date/end date/position or do they go into detail like last salary/rehirable/etc?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of the above except last salary. References are important.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if I was fired from a company that would be revealed in the background check? Also you mentioned references is that from a previous employer or references that can speak to your professional background that you provide for the employer? Thanks for your help.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would not be revealed that you were "fired", they can only verify last day of employment. Legally they can't say you were fired. I personally would not come to DSI. Does not look like a bright future here, layoffs, poor pipeline, generic competitors coming soon, and the list could go on and on. If you have another option I would take that but if this is your only option you should take it but keep looking. I really don't think you'll be happy here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your feedback. I have heard the question of previous employer is "Are they rehirable?" My concern is if background screening (done by Sterling I am told) reveals I am not rehirable by a previous company I could be screwed. Thanks for the heads up on the company as well it is pretty much my only option right now so I will have to make the best of it if I get the chance!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

previous employers cannot say that about you. there are also state and federal laws to protect you. DSI has to follow the NJ employment law - very strick on employers. are you applying for home office or field position.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am applying for field position and have final interview (dm and rd) coming up. I am concerned b/c I am hearing so much about background checks I am trying to find out what each company does. For example, I am interviewing with Sunovion as well and they only needed start date/end date/position. I have heard other companies go further and will ask if you are rehirable or something that could cause a problem if your separation was not good.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see where you said references are important. Is that for background checks or just references you give in general?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

References are for both background and character checks. When I got hired by DSI a year ago, my references are a part of my background check. I am certain you can find 4 people, that you worked with in the past, who can say good things about your character and work ethics. Don't worry!

As from prior posts, you just have to worry about potential layoffs. It is unstable here at DSI.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your prior employers can only give start and end days. They normally do not ask about titles or salaries. Some small company asked for prior titles and salaries because they want to leverage your base salary and bonus. They may not be able to pay you.

Your title determines your pay grade level and bonus structure. It may not matter for you. I think you may be going for a P3 or P4 in the field rep position.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So reference check and employer background check? Do you know what they ask for from previous employers, i.e. start date, end date, rehirable, etc? Thanks for your help

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say the background check is comprehensive. I've seen more than one person with offers have them rescinded for background check reasons. Probably due to drug screens or driving issues. Give them names of friends at your former company and tell them what to say, say you didn't get along with your boss and would prefer not to use him/her as a reference. Don't create an elaborate lie about your previous position, just briefly answer the questions they ask and focus on your strong points.

I prefer DSI to big pharma but I don't think they need nearly the number of reps we have. Something is going to to be done, hopefully later rather than sooner.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

end date and start date.

Rehirable is an opinion and not a fact. If you can prove it, you can file legal actions against your prior company for providing an opinion about your rehirability and DSI for believing in it. DSI is not a company that makes hiring decisions based on rumors or opinions. It is mostly how well you do in the interviews and interaction with the team and dm.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recommend NOT to look at this company for employment. Managers only look out for themselves and will throw sales reps under the bus if needed to serve their interests. They will relay they can be trusted and that they want to help develop you. Lies. This company is in financial chaos in US. I know pharama opportunities are rare, however, keep searching if you desire respect, a personal life and career growth.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great thanks for the feedback on the background check. So simple background check (no feedback from previous employers) just check the box start, end, position held. What do they do with current employer? I was going to check "no" to contact them does dsi come back and verify the info later?