So when do you think layoffs in the field are happening?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the recent home office layoffs, I am going to say from September to mid October.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aug before the Fall POA!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First the people on PIPs will be fired, probably mid July. Right after there will be layoffs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully soon than later. There is no need for all these reps in the same geography.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just guessing here.. When Diovan goes generic they will have a 6 month protection against other generic competitors. They will keep us around long enough to squeeze out all that they can, but once that protection is up, if you don't have Welchol in the bag you are done. Welchol will sustain the company long enough to buy another drug and the the life cycle will start all over again. Thank God for Welchol!!! LOL

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't worry. I am selling Effient assholes

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

selling effient is precisely why you should be worried

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welchol will save the day! We will all sell the sexy six pack. Also, sell the powder for snorting.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow... you can't be serious! Effient reps have got to be on the chopping block... not all but many. I hope not for your sake... but don't send a false sense of security. Plavix is generic, there is way too much overlap out there that is not needed... with some exceptions I'm sure. The sales force was orginally designed to handle a much bigger demand... the recent changes have not come close to addressing it (in my opinion).

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you waiting to get laid off?!?!?!?!? Find another job!!! DSI cannot last much longer!!!! Why do reps wait until the last minute??? You all know that DSI is in trouble, so start looking!!!!!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone out there privy to any legit info on layoffs or is this all just guessing?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is only guessing. Wait. If there is a lay off, then at least you collect a severance.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the severance package changed but either deleted the email or simply can't find the new info.

What are the new stipulations?

THANKS!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's hard to find an job right now and if we get laid off we get unemployment which gives us time to look for a job. A catch 22 I suppose.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tomorrow, ask Joe Mendez he knows everything!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just being brutally honest here folks, if/when you get laid off your severance will disappear
    very quickly..especially with those who have families...I've been there done that...If you are one of the fortunate few to find another position in this dying industry you can expect a 30% paycut...there are too many reps out there whose's spouses have been laid off as well and these reps will take anything to keep their families afloat..I understand change is very difficult but you must take the necessary steps now to ensure a safe future..as someone who was laid off and broke into another industry I can tell you that most companies aren't real impressed by the drug rep ranks..DSi's finance folks are telling your top sales managers right now that there is absolutely no need for the numbers of reps in the field right now with all the generic competition out there..do what is best for you but at least start looking and soul searching on what your next career will be..I wish you all the best..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This time around will Branson make everyone read "Who moved my cheese"

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not buying into this whole "company is doing better than ever" BS. With all of the blows DSI has been taking (generic diovan, poor effient studies, oncology meds being pulled and years before a new product is launched) its only a short amount of time before layoffs happen. I guess I just can't force myself to drink the kool aid.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this post. There is no way the company can take all the blows and stay on its' feet. Oncology dead, Effient dying, Sprix dead, Benicar dying, Welchol dying and all the studies that have failed. DSI will either buy someone (if they have the cash) or get bought solely for the compounds in phase 1 or phase 2 trials. But those are years away at best.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Effient is not dying asshole. My territory is top 5 and growing