Fast Coming...Year End Reviews!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will managers give credit to hard working reps this year....or just blow it off?

Long hours, team projects and results.....a big nothing or at least a "good work" pat on the back, few points and a lollipop?

Good to feel our work is worthwhile....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look for 2-3% raises for HIGH PREFORMANCE. If you are not in the high preformance area lucky to get 1.5%, or keep your job for long with a PIP coming. Merck is a sad company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last year top preformance got .5% -1.5% and average or low preformance got a dirty look and a donut ......whoppie on the lack of generosity 3 or more years now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do any of us really care anymore? Yes we got raises, but what? Less than 1-2%.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

High performance at 2-3%?

OMG......that's it???

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want kudos you are with the wrong company

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so old and don't care. I still call it WPR.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep....I got a donut that was stale!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is a sad, pathetic and corrupt company...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i work in an area of the country (yes the USA) where people would kill for a job that paid 1/4 of what most of us make without our bonus (no not WV or KY or MO or LA or MI or OH or PA or GA) point is, if all of us can take one minute and stop pissing and moaning (yeah- I get it, Merck sucks etc blah blah blah we are all victims- moan wail, nash teeth pound chest feel entitled blah blah) we would see that we are so much better off than so freaking many people. no you can't make some dumb ass doctor who is so freaking checked out they simply don't give a shit anymore talk to you - but you know what you can do - get up and try - try to do something worth while every day - if its not push a drug - maybe its help with an issue an office is having - maybe its finding out what they are stuggling with - maybe its being compassionate and not giving a crap about your own agenda and finding out about your customers agenda - for christ sake people you gotta get up and do something, merck is paying you well, try to find something good to do, (ok this might require putting the fabulous marketing team messages in the back of your brain for just a sec..... or two) most of us know the people who are providing health care in our offices, we understand better than the Hq dopes what is really going on, just do something worthwhile every day- how freaking hard is that??? oh yeah and quick the bitching will you? or come visit me and I can show you how most of this country lives.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think most of us have been operating in the mode you've described for a long time. We know it's been relatively good and easy money for the work we do. What makes it so damn difficult is balancing the rare opportunities to genuinely help a customer with the 95% of the job that is total BS, farce, and make believe in order to keep management happy. The job is really only about doing whatever it takes so as not to show up as an outlier on your bosses analytical tools. That is my sole agenda. If I happen to stumble upon an opportunity to help and serve a customer along the way, oh happy day. It is insanity but that is pharma sales, like it or not.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with you....but cool down...chill :)

Most people around are anticipating hard times. Most are nervous about the economy and layoffs. Some live in high cost areas of the country. Some have one income households. Some have personal misfortune and on and on....Think most people are thankful in their own, sometimes hard to see, way....

You are right...and wise. We all need to look outside of our own little world....see all that each of us has.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhh.. the typical psychotic,deranged,brainwashed, merbot manager slurping up the kool-aid..laughing the day he-she gets canned from this joke of a company! Oh no! uh, sure I'll come visit, we'll talk about how Merck was so committed to us! Merck is a sinking ship, many have decided to jump ship and grab hold of a life raft. Every man, woman and child for themselves! Many stay for now ONLY because of the severance, especially Legacy SP. Say what you want about SP, at least reps were recognized and rewarded for their talents.. instead Merck threatens, harasses, demoralizes, overworks and under compensates for useless admin work, teleconferences and meetings. The "micro-management forces " pressuring us to jump to our deaths..by way of a PIP! Well, I am actually watching the ship sink from dry land while sipping on champagne.... Priceless..........

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think you are fair. You can be angry. You can be ticked at the SP situation but chances are the person you are raging at has 0 to do with the situation at hand. They have a job, like we have a job. They do their best. like we (hopefully) do our best. They may have more stress as a manager than we can imagine because so many people look to them. Do your best. We all have too much work right now, but do your best and show your manager your genuine interest and active participation in doing your job.......you can only do the best you can....and that will be seen if you show it with the work you do. SP might have been a certain wat ....but this is the system now so it is what it is.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when are the Year End Reviews done?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not for long. The company knows what a joke we've become and gravy train is coming to an end.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At one time I found it hard to believe Merck could be so bad. At one time that is.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great post and so true...you get it!! I also left the company, (without even a new job to jump to) I had enough savings to cruise for at least 4-5 years without a job...Feel sorry for the people that are stuck at Merck, but you need to find the courage to leave that toxic waste dump of a company...as you said, they threaten, harass, and demoralize you until you either go bonkers, or quit...My sanity was worth more that being a drug rep for Merck...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I also left the company, (without even a new job to jump to) I had enough savings to cruise for at least 4-5 years without a job"

............you are full of it! What a dogpile of BS! Do not believe you....What are you a trust fund baby?

No one I know could ever think of that unless they are a silver spoon kid, 65 or off their rocker!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot the OWS crowd. This initial poster could have been living in a park on donated food all this time. ;)