An honest insider post, the REAL future at GSK.....

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the United States Government.......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Deidre is responsible for that b/c they want to tank the sales force some how.
    The CIA just says we can't be paid on sales

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want to rank the sales force not tank it- typo

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry this is happening again, however the company just continues its downward spiral enhanced by Patient First!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bob I. from RTP.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DC and JC are responsible for this debacle.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another lay off has come and gone. As you can see from the original post, this is par for the course.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, here we are almost 11 years later. I am the OP of this post. I was sorry to hear about another GSK layoff.

I am no longer with GSK, but I am still in Pharma. I am hoping to retire within the next three to 5 years. Will I make it? Who knows? This is a tough industry everywhere.

I sincerely wish the best for you folks. I still know some good people at GSK.

May the force of Zantac be with you!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can’t believe I lived through it all the past 11 years. Your original post was right on. I’m happy to say that I hung in there and am finally finished with GSK and probably more importantly, pharma. The industry is not what it was when I started. Stay focused, decrease your debt/expenses, save like a squirrel, and you’ll make it out alive in 3-5 years. Completely burned out, but alive! I’ve never been happier with this latest round, only because I started preparing for it 11 years ago! Best wishes to you!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has indeed changed. I left the industry when I was trying to get time with an a mid tier allergist in my territory and the staff handed me a 19 person Starbucks list, many custom orders included. The old school docs are retiring any day now. Good luck to all.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, another lay off has come and gone. What is the smart move for the current survivors? Start planning for the next lay off now. Save, invest, go back to school, open a side business.

You know the silent layoffs will continue in the future, start looking for a better career now!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know some good people at GSK ? You need to be fired and medicated to the eye balls , this company is the birth child of Satan & only the pathetic and lazy and soft remain

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you were laid off? Very sorry to hear that. I wish you well.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is a pharma rep more than a Starbucks / catering delivering PR robot? Coco-loco to think you have a long future at GSK if you’re in “sales”

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK sales reps are the flagship of Pharma. We are the elite and will be here for decades.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pulling in $140k plus plan bonus and working a 20 hour week. I’m never leaving this gold mine.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck getting your next job after the next lay-off! Everyone knows this is the typical mindset of low IQ GSK “reps.”

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now we all know you are a troll.

GSK doesn't even pay managers that much! What bonus? No one is got a bonus this year and will not again.

But keep dreaming it is good for the soul!