Pharmacy Division?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left GSK about 3 years ago. Do you still have a pharmacy Division only calling on retail Pharmacy still?

If so talk about a easy job!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and Yes

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will be surprised with the new reorg !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales have been lost by not having field reps going into pharmacies. Pharmacists need explanations about devices, managed care coverage, coupons, vouchers, point of sale programs, etc. When field reps had actual professional relationships with pharmacists sales would go up due to clarification of some of the aforementioned items, AS WELL AS a willingness to stock the shelves and put coupons through their system. Now I have heard stories back from MDs of pharmaacists simply telling that the new med is unavailable, or refusing to put it through the system. Granted, my territory has some "white space", but others in mydistrict do not and it has become abundantly clear that the pharmacy team concept is yet another gsk blunder that nobody wants to take responsibility for.
    From payer screw ups like ESI, to useless pharmacy teams, various account managers whose value comes mostly from bloviating about success stories that occurred while with a field rep, etc, etc. it is amazing that the stock is still in the $40s and not lower.
    I know! Let's whip the reps into seeng the HCPs with greater frequency using a horribly flawed targetting methodology! FUBAR!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's sad but predictable that GSK will dour down on stupid

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really - How much Koolaid have you had?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A retail pharmacist won't let you anywhere near their window. They know more than you on the topics in question. They gave NO say in scripts, until laws change thatsxa worthless cause unless it's speciality.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My pharmacy liason is excellent but could see them cutting account manager positions b4 sales.
    Any news?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No cuts?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do away with them 100%......it is easy for the local rep to see pharmacists and even like we did years ago....drop off a box of doughnuts now and then......make friends......they haven't been spoiled like the docs.........a very easy call indeed !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not do away with uneducated non-HCPS reps like yourself. Wow, no wonder people think so lowly of you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will be significantly cut

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry-
    Hang in there

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get rid of uneducated reps vs keeping overeducated pharmacists who can't say anything outside what a rep can say? If you are a CPL you really need to reevaluate your degree and why you would take this position. rip it, lick it, and stick it! Get your a$$ back in CVS and fill my Rx!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an evil person. These over educated people have families and financial needs too.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And easily employable at the pharmacy on every corner. Cry me a river.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would gladly fill your scripts- but wait- none were written!
    What's wrong with that picture? Oh- you were studying mce
    instead of seeing physicians.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's ok. I don't get judged on sales anyway. You should see how many cots I have checked around MCE. I'm crushing it baby!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And people wonder why reps that were successful for 20-30 years are frustrated and disgusted with PF and the clueless slendermen that are prospering from it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly....sales is and always was about relationships and we have way too many non sales people making critical decisions...