New Forbes article questions impact of PF

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No kidding. $150 billion down to $105 billion. $45 billion down the drain. Stellar job. As Trump would say YOU'RE FIRED.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long will it be before its in the Wall Street Journal. Would make a great story for 60 Minutes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't want 60 minutes to talk about us. For two reasons
    1)no one gives a shit about pharma company stock (PUH-LEEZE spare me the company line about needing to research unique, life saving meds.)

2) They will expose pharma industry sales forces for what we are. Now, THAT'S a big story, because they will spin it so that they use US an excuse for high cost of meds. I've said it before: imagine 60 Minutes following 5 reps and two managers around for 4 days? Can you imagine the hue and cry when people see that many of us make 100Gs to have our clients for a grand total of 2-4 minutes a day, 4 days a week? What about the fact that we all have a bunch of counterparts calling on the same office, and we give the same 35 second speech over sample sig's? Sidney Wolfe's group would have a field day on us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or...They could see that the impact of a field rep in Pharma is still the biggest resource in driving physician education about pharmaceutical products and ultimately has the biggest impact on sales. How many hours does a Fireman spend in a given week actually putting out fires? The answer is, not that many. Sometimes no hours at all. Sure they spend idle time polishing up the old fire truck, work out, play cards. But when you need them, they sure have one hell of an impact. They are necessary just as a field sales force will ALWAYS (YES ALWAYS) be necessary. You may be correct, in that overlapping reps are overkill. But nothing...NOTHING.. beats face to face contact twitch a customer! Save your breath about these "alternative marketing channels". They will not have the impact the industry thinks it will. my wife and her Father are both practicing physicians. Electronic advertising has zero influence. 99% of the time their medical assistants go online to order samples and listen to the three minute marketing pitch. Like it or not, reps will always be a part of pharma. It is what it is.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll see more stories like this now that many are being let go and nothing to keep them from telling their story. Very soon it will include the truth behind the cheating networks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK tried something that is not working out........what's the big deal ? All companies try new innovative ideas and some work, some don't. GSK will turn out OK so I wouldn't worry a bit my dear sir. Seems like you have an ax to grind......or did they use the ax on your job. Go on with your life, take a deep breath and let your little red balloon go....up ,up, and away. We will be alright without you.....maybe better.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks PR boy. How about some accountability for their mistakes? Management acts like morons and we pay for it by losing our jobs. GSK will not be OK until the people at the top are wiped out. You can't make disasterous decisions and have any credibility with Walll Stor within the organization . It's time to take out the trash at the top.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can this person be the PR boy, when you have called me that as well. You have also called others PR boy. Maybe you should figure out who you want to call PR boy and then give one of us exclusivity.

By the way, you are and will always be the original "crybaby".

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really think John Q Public will see it that way? You're missing the point, completely. There is an irrational hatred for us, perhaps brought on by the actions of many of our current and former colleagues, perhaps brought on by envy, or perhaps because the media often paints our industry as evil money grubbers (thank you, Gilead and Sovaldi!).

I merely pointed out that the perception of our industry as marketers first, second, and third, and R&D giants fourth will be inflamed when they see the swarms of reps descending on one office, chilling out until the office manager gives us "the wave" which allows us 30 seconds with Dr. Wilson. My fiancé is wrapping up her residency in 6 months (thank GOD!). Trust me, we are the Devil incarnate to her program. I don't want to see any expose' making us look like money wasting marketers with legs.

Oh, by the way: there is a ton of evidence that electronic marketing/ e-detailing is extremely influential, and quite cost effective.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you comparing pharma reps to first responders? Seriously!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.........so, you are saying that you don't need to work when your fiancée starts medical practice......so will you be a stay home " Mr. Mom " type, also known as a " House B**ch " ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big deal is that one could reasonably assume that Forbes is read by investors. Second, how many companies who try something that doesn't work have written that policy into a five year agreement with the US government? Finally, as this article points out, when you cut R&D you cut future revenue. So, after the five year "probation" is over and the sales force no longer has to fight with its arms behind its back, what will be available to sell?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because there are multiples of you. Girl? Guy? Who cares. Once again you fail to answer any questions and deflect deflect deflect. I find it amusing how quickly you respond to any criticism of you or the company. It just shows how desperate GSK is to control the what's said here.

all this has done is force more people to push back. This board now looks like a warzone compared to others on here. Your PR strategy has backfired just like everything else this inept company tries.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To post #10. "A ton of evidence points that e-detailing is influential"? Was that the same evidence based report that shows "live teleconferences" drive business? C'mon my man! You've had too much kool-aid. Time to put the cup down and sleep it off. 'we do not sell kleenex. We do not sell cars. We promote in the most dynamic selling environment ever created. There will always be a place for reps, particularly in the PCP selling space. If reps are to be extinct...the industry will become extinct as well. I know you will try to argue this point and you will point to the recent layoffs, but there will always be reps. Enjoy the holiday and chill out!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a new world and we all get it. We have been given another year. Can't ask for more than that. Now give it a rest until next October.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You educate doctors? Are you serious? I'm sure your really educating them with your company spin, and you stupid BA from cornball university. Thanks for saving lives dousche bag!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"dousche", "your"...clearly "you're" not educating anyone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the Forbes article (and hence the investor community) basically making the case for a continuation of more aggressive sales tactics in order for Pharma and GSK to suucceed, we must ask ourselves a fundamental question: would that be feasible in the current environment? My guess is that it depends on your geography to some extent, with the answer being a resounding "NO" in my area. What are the trends in your area? Can a partial return to the tactics of yesteryear bring you back to a successful level of LAG measures? Do patients glare at you in the waiting room, then make comments to the office staff in the exam rooms? How effective are you at extending the call beyond 10 seconds with an effective opening question?
    There have been some great comments on this thread from multiple posters, and I agree with most all of the ones not written by the PR nitwits except for the comment about the e-details and alternate channels of communication being effective. I highly doubt their effectiveness in the vast majpority of cases. Face to face is still best but how often can we make it happen? Share of Voice is a crock - if your counterpart was just there last week are they interested in hearing a message or getting into a conversation again this week, and every week hereafter? How effective is your counterpart, really? Prepare for more much-needed cuts in the future and be thankful that we have had so much warning and preperation time in advance.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lycoming college!