When does Advair go generic?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any day now I think.

FDA/Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
    Office of Generic Drugs
    Division of Labeling and Program Support
    Update Frequency:
    Orange Book Data - Monthly
    Generic Drug Product Information & Patent Information - Daily
    Orange Book Data Updated Through June, 2012
    Patent and Generic Drug Product Data Last Updated: July 26, 2012

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA has not approved the pathway for a generic Advair, and doesn't appear to be in any hurry to approve one. No generics until at least 12 months after that happens.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you wouldn't be asking here , if you were employed by us.....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congress passed a generic drug act this month, which will allow generics to come to market a lot quicker then past years. Advair drug components will be available to market; however, the plastic diskus device will remain patent protected.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not entirely true. Even for an employee, it is hard sometimes to keep up with all the drugs.

In this case, I am a consumer. One who is tired of paying your inlated prices just so your big-wigs can get rich on their 7 figure salaries at my expense.

Yes, it is a good drug. Yes, it works. My doctor took me off of Theophylline and put me on Advair and it damn near cured my asthma overnight. But it is very expensive, even with insurance.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Switch to Symbicort off of Advair. It helped my asthma and it saved me a few bucks. My doc gave me a savings card that kept my copy at 25 bucks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard of some folks getting a similar product to Advair from out of the country. You might try Googling Sereflo and see if anything comes up. There really is not anything special about Advair. It is just a steroid with a long acting bronchodilator in a somewhat novel delivery system. You can probably get a generic steroid and find a cheaper broncodilator than salmeterol. In your case, the steroid probably helped you more than anything.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the replies.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very shortly after your next round of layoffs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar. There are no layoffs. Troll.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U sound frightened. They are coming for sure.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will come after you are bought by Sanofi-Aventis.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can em. fast. generics=layoffs. simple business.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The diskus is protected- generic will come as an HFA

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only when little zippy gets the OHIO off of his forehead envy. sobbing in moms basement

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct. Patent on devices is totally different than for a drug molecule. Manufacturing of the diskus generic form will never happen. too costly and technologically challenging. So all you naysayers need to move on. Again, sorry you are no longer with the company. Move on d-bag!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Device patent does not matter! What matters is what will the payers be willing to pay for. If Symbicort is generic next year '14 then guess what drug the payer will cover 1st. Patients will switch from Advair to Symbicort if cheaper.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another clueless home office douchebag who has no idea what it's like in the real world. DISKUS will not save us. MDI's are interchangeable in the eyes of managed care especially when they can save tons of cash. Advair will be destroyed between generics and generic Symbicort.